I'm having a baby on Wednesday!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

For those of you who remember myself and girlfriend are expecting our second child, well as shes having a c-section we know the exact date and rough time when the baby will be delivered and it is this Wednesday coming. We couldn't findout the sex of the baby due to him/her being positioned funny when we went for a scan, but my money is on it being a boy.
    Bit fearful of how it will affect my studies as I have an exam on the Dec 17th and my gf will be unable to move around for eight weeks, so its all up to me to deal with the baby and our young son.
    I'm abit nervous about it all tbh, not sure I remember how to even hold a baby or how to change a nappy lol.
    Not excited about not sleeping for a year either. But through the fear there is definitely excitement.

2. Ce127

Ce127 Nibble Poster

Nice one. Best of luck, Juelz. I'll be interested to hear how it is transitioning from managing 1 child to managing 2 children.

Plus I'm glad to hear the not sleeping ends after a year. Currently 8 months in to that first year myself and every once in a while the sleepless nights are purely nauseating.

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  3. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

Congratulations mate

Definitely not easy being a parent but it's all worth it.

You've been there before so you should be fine, you'll just have to sleep and do what you need to do based around the kids. In the start it will be very hard indeed but then you'll get used to it.

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats mate,

I just had my 1st child on the 30th September and am on cloud nine at the minute and seeing him everyday growing, feeding him, playing also changing his nappy. But the sleepless nights can be a pain at times but you got too do it. It's also a bit hard at the minute though as i'm studying for my N+ and finding the time.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations mate!

have you managed to have any decent night sleeps? Also have you managed to get in any good study-time?

6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

In a way I am quite lucky because my Wife is off for 3 months so she does most of the feeds during the nights. Also I work shifts so one week I will be doing a night shift so I miss the feeds and do a bit of study when on shift then I sleep when I come home at 6am. I do that for two weeks (Night shifts) then go back to day shifts for two weeks which is a bit harder as I am up at 5am getting ready for work, but the little one could wake up anywhere from 12am - 3am for a feed.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+