I'm confused!!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ryanthelion84, May 6, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just because MS hasn't stated anything about the other companies doesn't mean they're "content". That's like saying they're "content" about P4S. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

So if the court order indicates child companies, sounds like compliance to me. Whether you think TK are right or not, MS seems happy, and that is what im pointing out. What you keep seeming to miss is that it doesnt matter a jot what you think about TK. For people studying, all that matters is the official line from the exam provider. If MS is content, then people using TK material are unlikely to be decertified as a result of using it. The OP stated whether they were legit, indications seem to say that for MS exams at least, they are.

Whether you care for TK or not is completely beside the point - and its well documented on these forums the specific opinions held by most. Don't get so blindsided by your hatred of them that you refuse to acknowledge the official line on them. Not liking them is one thing, but try not to let your bias overwhelm your ability to give advice.

And before anyone starts, no I'm not saying that the OP should use BD material. In my personal opinion, I happen to agree with the general opinion that people should avoid the use of TK materials in general. After all, being legit for one provider doesnt matter when you arent for others. All I'm trying to do, and I cant believe I keep having to say this, is provide balance to the arguments. Far too often on this forum at the moment, I see totally unbalanced advice. People here hate TP's, and so advocate self study to the total exclusion of TP's. Rather than perhaps admitting that TP's have their place, and trying to help guide the posters into the route that best serves their needs. Dont like them? Tough. Try to at least override your bias a little, and provide some balanced advice.

[/rant]

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry, mate. I'm never going to state that they're legitimate, even for Microsoft. Considering their history, it's likely that they've stolen their "legit" content from someone else.

Call it blind hatred, if you will; if you think that "calling me out" changes my opinion of a known braindump company in the least, you're mistaken. But consider that, by legitimizing them, you're not helping the problem... you're enabling them to stay in business. Consider someone who uses TK for Microsoft. As they advance in their careers, they use them for Cisco. Ah, but wait... they dump Cisco's stuff. And thus, YOU have led them to believe that using TK is just fine. Oh, but you said they were just fine for Microsoft? Oops. All of a sudden... your advice that was designed to "serve other people's needs" just caused them to accidentally go astray.

To analogize, consider a company who is known, without dispute, to sell pirated software... everything they sell is pirated... except for Windows. Would you recommend people still buy from them? I wouldn't. But perhaps you would.

But even if people DO use them for Microsoft only, their money is going to fund a company that braindumps EVERY other IT certification. As a result, your advice that was designed to "serve other people's needs" enables TK to grow stronger and ramp up their efforts to braindump Cisco, CompTIA, and every other vendor's exams. And if they're buying their "legit" material from TK, then they're not buying from legitimate providers, such as myself. Again, call it hatred... but your advice directly impacts my career, and indirectly impacts the careers of others when legit companies stop producting legit content due to lack of revenue.

Don't like my post? Tough. Try to at least allow me to post what I think. If you want to "balance" me by posting an opposing viewpoint, go for it. Just don't attempt to silence me.

And as far as bias is concerned... I have yet to show the bias that I *could* show on these forums, mate. "Providing balance" doesn't mean I have to endorse, or even legitimize, a known braindumper. "Providing balance" means I ought to give "equal time" to other legitimate competitors to Boson, such as Transcender, Self Test, Measure Up, PrepLogic, or RouterSim. That, I'll gladly do.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well spoken Michael. I total agree.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

This was a very imformative post for noobs like me.
    I will definitely steer clear of TK. There would be nothing worse than being hired as a certified professional when you don't actually know your stuff. TK is screwing a lot of people over.
    Thanks for the info!

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680