I'm Begining to study for my CCNA exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by tstanje641, Dec 10, 2014.

1. tstanje641

tstanje641 New Member

So i recently joined one of the biggest Internet Service Providers in my country. I have fair knowledge of networking and Cisco in general. I need to know how much time ill need to prepare for my CCNA 200-201 exam. I would really love not to waste any time in preparations and i need some sort of study schedule to help me prepare. My mode of study is using the CCNA 200-201 exam guide, labs and packet tracer/GNS. My current job is in line with the certification i'm pursuing. So i really need your guidance on how to achieve this. Please Help Guys :oops:

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Really depends how much time you can commit to this outside of your normal working hours. Also do you want to invest in a lab etc.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

This is a really tough question given that no-one here knows the depth of your expertise or breadth of your knowledge. What I'd say, is have a look at the objectives to see what you need to know, and have a go at practise questions (e.g. from your exam guide or MeasureUp) to see how deeply you need to know stuff. See where that leads you.

I will also say: over-prepare. Certification exams are expensive things to fail.
    As I recall Cisco exams have a fairly tight time limit, and you can't go back and forth through questions (like you can with other exams), which means you can't manage your time in any way (e.g. you can't leave tough questions and come back to them at the end). When you click next, the question is gone forever. Best of luck.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?