Im Back

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Andrew_P, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Hi All,

Well after spending a few months off the forum due to not having internet for a while and with work commitments I decided to pop my head in once again.

Unfortunately I have not got round yet to starting my A+ and I am wondering as they are changing it whether to wait until the new Mike Meyers book in September and start on the updated version. Although the new Mike Meyers book due out later this year seems to have dissapeared from Amazon.co.uk.

What do you think guys? :)

Cheers

Andrew

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Andrew_P,

Welcome back.

In my opinion it would be down to you, I mean how fast can you learn/study. The current book covers the current A+ exam and there is always a cross-over period between the old and the new exams that Comptia bring out.

If I was in your position then I would get the book now and take the exam soon, but then again, I'm impatient. Once I set my mind on something I go for it 110%.

Different people do things differently, that's why at the end of the days it's down to you. Maybe not the answer you wanted, but you did ask: What do you think guys? :D

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Andrew and welcome back home.

If I remember rightly from another thread in the A+ forum, you'll have until March 2007 to complete the exams in the current format. I think there is usually a 6 month overlap for the CompTIA exams when they update.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

hi mate - Welcome back to CF....

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Glad to have you back :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello Andrew_P

I agree with Wagnerk.

Does anybody know what difference there will be between the new edition and the current one?

I am using the Passport A+ edition, it's amazing!

Just think of the time you can invest in studying A+ while you are waiting for the new edition and beside I know publishers they have a tendancy to change the publication dates.

Monkey :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Have a look at this thread and the links to go with it...

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Thanks for the link Cheek!

Do you think they will increase the exam prices when CompTIA A+ Upgrade?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. Mr.Cheeks

i think the pricing varies between country, and im not sure whether prometric + vue add their little bit to it aswell...