I'm a failure!!!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by jonny7_2002, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Failed my CCNP Route exam yesterday! :cry:

I must say the exam was HARD!!!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

On the plus side...

1. You now know what the exam is like
    2. You know where your weak area(s) are and
    3. because of that you'll be better prepared for the exam next time.

Good luck for your resit :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

yeah! i sort of knew i didnt know enough...... missed the last 5 chapters of the book and when i rang up to cancel i forgot about the 24 hour rule where you cant cancel if the exam is within 24 hours!!!! :biggrin

The exam has a completely different feel to the ccent/ccna!!

as you say, i know what its like and where my weak points are so will rebook in 3 weeks and make sure i read all the chapters this time!!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Good luck for the next try! Think you are the first from here to try the ROUTE exam.

I am looking forward to studying the CCNP, if i could only get time (make time!!) to go and take the CCNA!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

or im the only one to admit it anyway! :)

The CCNA is a brilliant cert/exam however what i found (and knew beforehand) was it needs to be accompanied with hands on daily/weekly experience! i was struggling with some of the concepts and as soon as i built some proper networks (not suimulated) it was amazing how much it just all CLICKS!!

Cheers
    Jon

6. danielno8

hahah maybe :)

Yep thats not the issue for me, networking is all i do at work! I'd manage majority of the topics no problem, but the stuff which isn't active in our network, such as frame relay/IPv6 etc i'll need to finish studying. Plus i have to travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh to take the exam!

7. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Hmmmm..... because my exams get paid for by my employer i forget it costs to do the exams!!

Funny enough saying that as i have just failed my exam it means my travel to and from dont get paid and nor does the exam fee.... that means i am out of pocket by nearly 130 SQUIDS!!! :cry:

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes and no... the reason it has a different feel in that it (naturally) covers harder subject matter. But the question types (multiple choice, drag, simlet/testlet, simulations) and the way they phrase their questions is actually very similar to those on the CCNA. Just study up... you'll do fine on your next attempt, I'm sure! :)

Now, if you want an exam with a completely different feel, just wait till you encounter TSHOOT! :biggrin

The first? Nah, man, there are quite a few people on here who have already passed the CCNP ROUTE exam... some have passed it several times.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. danielno8

I see, hadn't noticed any posts from people going CCNP since the new exam came out. Also, why would anyone have passed it several times when it only came out last year?

10. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Sorry to hear you failed but we've all failed at some stage. Hit the books hard and I'm sure you'll nail it next time. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. BosonMichael

The ROUTE exam has had numerous name changes over the years, starting out as Routing, then becoming BSCN, BSCI, and now ROUTE. But it's still basically the same thing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. danielno8

Ah ok yeh i was just meaning since it became ROUTE, that i thought thought he'd been the first from here to take it.

13. BosonMichael

Gotcha, I understand where you're coming from. I've taken it... but I don't usually post when I pass exams. ;)