IE8

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sparky, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Anyone "upgraded" yet?

Just starting the initial testing and the install went fine however Outlook webmail seems to kick me out now and again when I open an email (in a new window) and the certforums page where all the forums are listed doesnt display correctly.

Im sure these things will sort themselves out. :biggrin

Edit: Webmail sorted. Ended up being NOD32 that was causing the problem. Testing v4 just now as well.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'm not touching it with 10 foot barge pole :) not on my proper rig, I might install it on the virtual system though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

I have IE8 installed on my home pc and work one. So far i have only had a problem with certforums which was solved by turning on compatability mode for this site in IE8.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I use IE8, the only thing that I dislike about it is that you have to do the "compatability mode" manually, but with the updates, hopefully that will soon be a thing of the past, sometime in the future, lol :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Been part of my Win 7 beta experiences for a while now, no specific problems with it, I like the accelerators and stuff built into it, that's kind of neat

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I have it installed on my computer at work and at home... So far no issues... then again it's not my primary browsers. I did try certforums with it and didn't have any issues.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA