IE8

Discussion in 'Software' started by AArcher, Sep 23, 2008.

1. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Right installed it seems to be C%$P now trying to roll it back to get rid of it and can I ....fat chance I've tried just reinstalling IE7 and system restore am I being a nunce and missing something totally obvious!?!?!?

Oh yeah its the beta version

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

If you are using XP, I think you can just Add/Remove programs to get rid of it.

If you are using Vista, Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall Program to get rid of it.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I gues that's why they call it a beta, it's been fine with me, in fact it's actually faster :)

Anyway to uninstall IE8, see here, MS has a whole page on IE8.

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2
    To uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 in Windows Vista, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, type Programs and Features in the Start Search box, and then click Programs and Features in the Programs list.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
    3. Click Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2, and then click Uninstall.
    If Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 does not appear in the Currently Installed Updates list, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
    FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages/M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-8*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

If you have SP3 on XP, you may want to see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Same - When I'm not using FF I'm on IE8 and it flies :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

yeah some of it is good but some websites come up weird and facebook is mad sometimes also passwords (websites ive saved my password on) go for example on here ! but overall i do like some of the features..... I've tried everything think i'll just leave it!

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+