IE 9 Beta

Discussion in 'Software' started by JonnyMX, Sep 17, 2010.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Anyone else had a play with this yet?

I installed it this morning, and uninstalled it this afternoon.

To be fair, it looks pretty clean but they've moved everything around so the wife hates it. I mean, why move favorites from the left over to the right? It's like trying to write with your other hand.

I also had issues with trying to post to the OU forum and it spackered up technet downloads too. Unfortunately, as they've done before, MS have started replacing all their IE dwonloads with IE9.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've just installed it and initially I'm feeling a certain amount of deja vu, can't help but notice the similarities in design between IE9 and a certain search giants browser offering....

Looks like MS playing catch up again really.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Installed it a few days back, I like it :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I installed it yesterday.......is there no menu bar now?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  5. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Press alt.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  6. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Thanks for that :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Yeah, alt is the new "windows" button thing it seems. Things are dumbed down/hidden from the average consumer so that they don't break things (and makes things look cleaner), so now you need to press that to get all the extra menus to appear in just about everything on Windows 7 (and Vista to some degree).

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Been playing around with it for the last couple of days now and I enjoy it.

I like the ability that you can drag the tabs off and it then creates a new windows, drag the open IE window into another one and it converts it to a tab within IE. Plus also the draging of a tab (a website) from IE to the taskbar (like you can do with an application for the "quick lauch").

What I don't like (or haven't found yet) is the search bar in the top right of IE7 & 8 (haven't found) and moving the favorites to the right of the screen.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

I've put it on my home & work machines and i really like it, very clean looking and minimalist, i like the new tab section breaking things down into popularity, specially with going on the Dell/HP websites for warranty info etc think i'll stick with it tbh.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's not that I don't like it - it's 'sleek' - but moving the favorites over to the right is just annoying without any obvious reason behind it, and as I said, I had issues with using a couple of important websites. One of them being Microsoft's...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Meh, its like the new ubuntu though tbh, at first the buttons on the wrong side of the window bothered me but i go on a windows machine now and its like they were always on the left :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+