ICT Technician (Bournemouth) The Bishop Of Winchester Academy

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jiser, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

ICT Technician (Bournemouth) The Bishop Of Winchester Academy
    The Bishop of Winchester Academy | The Bishop of Winchester Academy

I am moving on from my position at The Bishop Of Winchester Academy in Bournemouth and as such the position is now open. Its a good time to join having recently invested in the infrastructure with new computers, servers being virtualised and all computers running Windows 7 (8 IT Suites). The Academy is also a certiport testing center so great for those who are looking for some professional development. Over the next two years a large proportion of the school is being rebuilt and as a result pupil numbers will be rising. You are welcome to message me if you have any queries about the school or the position.

The application form, advert, job description and person spec are available on the school website.

Advert:
    The Bishop of Winchester Academy
    ICT TECHNICIAN
    BG2b point 16-19 (depending on experience) £16,278 – £17,626 pro rata. Full time, 37 hours per week
    An exciting opportunity is available to work with our established ICT Systems Administrator to support children’s learning, and to provide excellent quality technical support. Applicants must demonstrate good communication skills and enthusiasm for ICT. A background of Microsoft operating systems and office products is essential.

We are proud of our unique Christian ethos and links with the local church communities. We welcome applications from prospective new staff prepared to share in the experience of school improvement. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced CRB checks.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sounds good, average salary for an education tech (before anyone says otherwise).

Where you're moving to then?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Hi I have been in this position for 5 months.

Moving on to work for local government.

It will be a shame to leave education as its a nice place to work.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.