1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICND2 Advice

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by adamswilliams, Mar 26, 2016.

1. adamswilliams

adamswilliams New Member

Hi All - Long time reader, first time poster!

I really need some advice on the the ICND2 exam, I hope someone can help! I took the ICND1 exam at the end of 2014 (passed comfortably) but for a couple of reasons, mainly work and personal, I never got around to sitting the ICND2. I read pretty much all the Lammle book, took practice tests and did various labs. I was very close to be 'exam ready'.

Since then I've let myself go a little on the subnetting front. Never was great at maths, so I put alot of effort into getting ready ICND1. Daily subnet questions etc. My question is, should I put that much effort into getting this side right this time? Or is the subnetting side not that 'heavy' on the ICND2?

Thanks!

2. heky2k

heky2k New Member

Its not that 'heavy'. Watch youtube videos, and get yourself the subnetting games from cisco. Do those for about 15-30 minutes per day.

3. Melonie001

Melonie001 New Member

They changed the INCD's exam, if anyone can share some good materials for the new exam, please PM.

Thanks!

4. Melonie001

Melonie001 New Member

They changed the INCD's exam, if anyone can share some good materials for the new exam, please PM.

Thanks!

5. adamswilliams

adamswilliams New Member

Hi All/Melonie

I passed the previous ICND2 last weekend (920/1000). Thanks for the advice.

Melonie, there's not a great amount of material for ICND2 v3 at the moment. I'm a member of subnetting.net (Cost $5 per month) who have videos for the v3 exams as well as practice tests and subnetting exercises. Really helpful stuff.

Other than that I used the Todd Lammle study guide but you might need to wait for the next issue of this.

I did have a look over the exam topics for ICND2 v3 (in case I didn't pass my v2!) and they look roughly similar though except they've ditched Frame Relay (finally!) and added QoS which will be a far more relevant topic