1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICND1 - Subnetting

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by craigie, Jul 28, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

OK, I needed to get my subnetting brain back in gear.

Just done all of the practice subnetting questions on the ICND1 Chapter 12 Appendix D.

Finished the lot in a day, made a couple of mistakes, as I was subnetting whilst working on stuff for clients.

It's true what they say, you can't be advising a customer on Exchange issues, whilst working on Terminal Server GPO's, whilst remembering where you where in subnetting! (Well unless you are a woman, and just for the record I'm not a lady :biggrin )

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

LOL, after an evening of subnetting... I thought i would have a quick browse of the forums (for a distraction, before my head blows up)

.....and what was the first post I saw :biggrin

good job fella...

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

See, the thing about the old 'women and multitasking' thing is that its a myth - as I explained, at length, in the boozer last Friday after work. You can analyse it all ways you want to, but in the end it boils down to this:

If you want three things done poorly, ask a woman
    If you want one thing done right, ask a man

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL! :clap

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  5. VantageIsle

I have come to the conclusion that us blokes are just not designed for multitasking, although I was really proud today helping a user via communicator solve one issue (VPN access) whilst talking on the phone to another (blackberry issue) but that was easy stuff, and I had to have a slight rest afterwards... :p

but GPO/exchange and subnetting ... forrggetaboutit!

6. VantageIsle

LOL, watch out, making comments like that usually results in frying pan attacks from the fairer sex (look behind you)

7. VantageIsle

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Haha nice one!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Glad to know I wasn't the only one crackin' through subnetting :D