I want to Self-Study CompTIA A+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Cee Jay, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Cee Jay

Cee Jay New Member

Hello All.
    So I am thinking on self-studying CompTIA A+. If anyone can give me any tips on which books or study guides could best benefit me. Right now I only own the Mike Meyers Exam Guide. I would be grateful for any response.
    Thnx in advance.

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi Cee Jay,

I would recommend the CompTia 801/802 series as the 701/702 are going to be retired on the 31st August 2013. I would also strongly suggest that you read the objectives that are required to pass the exams.

I recommend Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) (9780071795128): Michael Meyers: Books book.

also

Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training.

He has some great videos on there that you can watch and the best thing about it is they are FREE!

Regards

Rob :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Cee Jay

Cee Jay New Member

Thnx 4 the gr8 info, awsosome videos on that site with all comptia courses. I already purchased the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) :thumbleft

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Luck!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
  5. mackie

mackie Nibble Poster

Hi

I am self studying 220-801 and 220-802 and have almost finished Meyers All In One. I will re read it very carefully and then work through the Transcender tests. Hopefully I will then be ready. Good luck!!

Robert

Certifications: IAB, Sage 50, MOUS and MCP
  6. Thomas7918

Thomas7918 Bit Poster

Hi Cee Jay

I recently completed my CompTIA A+ certification. I took the 700 series because I had already be committed to that material for some time.

The material I used.

1) Mike Meyer's A+ 600 series
    2)Sybex CompTIA A+ 700 series e-book
    3)Professor Messor's Videos - these were a nice break from the text book.
    4)Mnemosyne Free Flash Card Application Great Program!

I found the 701 more difficult because the questions were poorly structured and hard to understand. The 702 had clear questions and was much easier.

The most important thing to do I.M.O is make sure you have a Distraction and Clutter Free area to study in.