I want a moan!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Atiaran, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Hi All!

As an IT community and mostly of the male gender (!!!) I am certain most of you will have no idea what I am about to talk about.... But I am so angry I just wanted to vent!! :twisted:

I have just submitted a formal complaint against the producers of Got to Dance after watching a recording of Sunday's programme.

Being an Advanced tap student at my previous performing arts school and being an avid follower of Adam Garcia and Dein Perry (Tap Dogs) all my life, I was absolutely appauled by the "Live" performance shown on S of the 16 year old Kane Ricca.

As a tapper I fully appreciated the performance he gave, but as a viewer (without having any former dance knowledge) I would have been confused and bemused as to the reasons of his inclusion in the semi-final line up.:eek:

The reason for this was the sound quality sky gave the live viewers, this consisted of the backing music and nothing more. No sounds from the tap shoes could be heard... which to an unknowing audience would be laughable.

I have submitted a (seriously) strongly worded email to S and hope they take notice of what I have to say regarding this:x:x:x:x

Vent over ....

~Ati~:rolleyes:

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well, I don't watch it but if it was suppsoed to be a tap dance then I'd expect to hear the tapping. I used to love watching the old Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly movies with tap dancing in.

3. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Thank you!!!!

Someone who understands!!:biggrin

It's really got me riled tonight... I expect S to reply!!

~Ati~

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

maybe had mufflers on his shoes :D

You have to remember shows like these are invented for the chav/no hope brigade so if they were to be shown any form of sophistication then they wouldn't watch or participate. Because things like that doesn't compute for them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

I totally agree!

But I still think it's wrong:x

To entice people to form a decision based on biased editing is completely out of order!

~Ati~

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It’s all about viewing figures these days... :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

I wish that wasn't the case..... There are so many talented people out there it would be good to get the ones that really count in the public eye rather than create a situation where we vote for the ones they want!

~Ati~

8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Personally, I'm a really good tap dancer, but I also require the backing music to be so loud that everyone listening can't hear my feet.

It's just like that, and that's the way it is.

HUH!

*ahem*

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep put in some garbled wickety wack music, dress some **ssers up like chavs and make them act like ***ks thats all the chav generation wants to see

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Riiiiiiight ........ even more angry now.... think I may have to beat you up before bed time :x

~Ati~

11. GiddyG

Uh oh... domestic... I'm outta here... 8)

12. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Run.

Fast.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  13. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Hahahahahaha Sorry lol..... I honestly wouldn't beat him up.... REALLY!! :eek:

Honestly all comments on this are appreciated.... except Qs's..... his are downright stoooopid!

~Ati~

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Please immediately relinquish your Man Card to the nearest authorities. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. GiddyG

Oh I dunno... I think they were more manly than most blokes I know. They certainly got the girls (too). :D

16. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Boson is the man for the LOLz. :D

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  17. BosonMichael

I'm here to serve. 8) :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  18. BosonMichael

That'd be great... if they actually LIKED girls! :twisted: