I think this is where I should be working!!

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Jul 12, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok guys cop a load of this...I sent this message to my ISP today

I noticed on your website your service status is still on Red. I was wondering what problems you guys have been having as I have not had any connection problems since the whole DHCP and IP problems you guys were having a couple of weeks ago or so. I am sure this problem has been sorted but as I told one of your guys last time to fix the problem was simply to use your IP address and DNS servers and I think thats why I am still not having any problems. However, keep up the good work guys and I am proud to be one of your customers.

I was expecting a reply along the lines of..yes we're still having problems but if your connectoin is fine then you have nothing to worry about...but oh no...this is what I got...

Can you please delete your temmporary internet files and cookies. This can be done in Internet Options from the Control Panel. Your computer is retreiving the pages from your computers cache memory. If you do have a problem after this then please re-open this ticket.

Can someone please tell me where did I put temp internet files and cookies as my problem? maybe I should move to Suffolk after all and give these guys what for...:eek:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Perhaps they mean you have a cached version of their status page and deleting your temp files would update it to show the status as Green.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

the thing I have been viewing it work...and thats where it shows red...and to be honest the temp internet files dont get cleared at work that often...so maybe thats why...and i have checked at home and voila...yes its green..thanks Phil...I think i need some serious therapy...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

:) No probs.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade