I saw Tron: Legacy last night...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by delorean, Dec 9, 2010.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Just thought I'd share this news with fellow technology lovers. I was lucky enough to attend the Irish premiere of Tron: Legacy last night and thought to give you a quick heads up if you're planning to see it.

SPOILERISH!!!

In terms of visuals and audio, it's above and beyond Oscar-worthy. There are no awards in existence worthy enough of honouring this movie. It truly is a colossal, epic, nay biblical achievement. A true marvel for the modern age that just shows how quickly our world is evolving.

The techniques and the end result of the eye and aural candy featured in Tron: Legacy makes Avatar look like Steamboat Willie. It beggars belief just what has been acheived here and next week when you're sat in your cinema seat, munching popcorn and making rustling noises, I am very sure you'll agree entirely.

Couple of negatives though, the movie feels overly long. It drags a bit in the latter stages but soon picks up with a rousing finale.

Michael Sheen didn't really fulfill the role of Zeus very well. A bit too Bowie-esque for my liking and every second he spent on screen all I could think about was David Frost and Brian Clough. No not like that. :oops:

I'm definitely going to see this in the cinema at least twice more. Even with what 3D gear is available to us at home today, it just won't feel the same and I think to miss such a spectacle on the big screen would be doing yourself the biggest injustice.

You owe it to yourself to see this on the big screen. Enjoy.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I believe we refer to your kind as

bitches

:)

I wont even be able to see it opening night, driving 8 hours the morning after in ice and snow, don't want to be sleepy :(

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

HAH! Thanks! *bow* :biggrin

Make sure you get it seen. Ah who am I kidding, I know you will!

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

make sure you buy the sound track
    its bloody epic

Disc Wars
    the Finale
    Derezzed and The Grid are the best :)

5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Already ahead of you there, bought it this morning! Been humming the main theme in my head since last night!

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Lol i acquired it a few weeks back.. oops ;)
    my deluxe copy was available for DL the other day.. wonder when my poster and CD gets here lol

7. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

I belive Daft Punk are behind the soundtrack. Most, if not all that those guys touch turns to gold. *Minus 'Human After All*

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Daft Punk did the whole soundtrack yup