I passed...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jellyman_4eva, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

And what a wakeup call...

I got a score of 842, which is OK, but I am a little upset...

However the main questions I got wrong were ones I did not know much about, for example how to assign a higher print priority (Is it a lower or higher number)..

I had a lot about remote assistance, and how to make it so that users could just remote in without having to have the end user send an invitation (By the way how do you set this up? - I got these wrong I am pretty sure because I made up the answers, but would like to know the actual answers)

Also I had a lot of questions about IIS and one which I got wrong twice, because I had the question twice, regarding a user who setup IIS... (Silly but annoying)

I got some about sharing a VPN connection over ICS which I probably got wrong as well...

This question however is the one that caused me the most grief, I have taken it from a dump site ...

Content Edited (SG)

Overall I am glad I passed, but I feel that at least 15 of the questions out of 58 relied too much on knowledge of domain configurations... yes I know that XP Pro is supposed to be used in a corporate domain environment blah blah, but I do not think it is fair to assign so many domain-esque questions to a client exam...

Imagine doing 290 and seeing a load of questions about how Windows XP starts up and ICF!!!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Jelly,

well done on the pass :thumbleft, it sounds like you had a tough exam, but heh, you passed. Sit back and enjoy a few cold ones :morebeer.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats Jellyman, way to go mate!

Just a word in your shell like... You are putting your new found qualification in jeopardy by posting too much information about your exam. Personally I think it is okay to give a rough idea of what the experience is like. You did this in the first part of your post but I do not think it is in line with the NDA (non disclosure agreement) to post actual questions, no matter how bewildering they are.

So, please could you edit your post to remove any reference to braindump material and the actual question.

Thanks and again congrats!!!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate. 8)

As for the questions that are causing some problems I think they are worthwhile as some developers run IIS locally on their PCs before making changes in the live web server. You said yourself that the exam is about managing XP in a corporate environment so I guess domain related questions would appear somewhere.

As for the two final questions set up a lab and test and you will find the answers! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on your pass, Jellyman. I agree with Pete. Please edit your post. We don't want dump content or any actual exam questions posted on the forums. Thanks. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congratulation on your pass. 8)

I have edited your post to remove the references that you posted. CF can in no way be held accountable for that stuff! :biggrin

8. Jellyman_4eva

Sorry guys...

Did not realize I was being naughty with the questions, basically I came home and typed into google and found them on freely available for all to see on another website so I assumed they were OK to post up...!!

Plus it was late and I was being lazy... shall not happen again!

Sparky, I did not mean the IIS questions (They were just me being stupid), I just meant some of the other questions in there that really relied I feel too heavily on Domain level Group Policy etc..

Zimbo, thanks for the link, but it does not answer my question!! Basically without breaking any rules here(!) how can you setup a domain/client so that a user can initiate a remote assistance session with an end user, with that user sending an invitation?

I think thats what I am looking for!

EDIT found it here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/adminra.mspx
    EDIT!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
  9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

if you looked at the article i posted an you have a server and client on the same domain then it explains it all to you! :rolleyes:

10. Jellyman_4eva

Hey Zimbo,

Thanks for the follow up, but this article does not have the information I needed..

What I wanted to be able to do was to initiate a remote assistance connection from the expert user to the novice, without the novice asking/send an invitation to the expert user... (Its all about how the remote assistance session is started and by whom)

Your article explains the typical way of doing things, where the novice user configures and sends an invitation via messenger/email/file, and how the expert then uses the invitation.

What the article I posted has in it, is a section where you can edit a group policy setting on the novice local machine, so that if as an expert user you go to help and support on your own PC, then go to Tools under Pick A Task, then go to offer remote assistance, put in the IP or hostname of the machine and you are then joined to the novice, without the novice having to send any invitations... (Kinda like a VNC type initiation)..

Basically normal way (like your article is) novice->expert (Via invitation..

My way which came up in exam and I did not know the answer to is expert->novice (With no invitation)

I hope that clarifies it!

11. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey Jellyman,

I took my 70-270 last Friday, and it sounds very very simmilar to the one I took.

If it was the same one, or even if it had alot of the same questions, you did very well getting that score.

On the day I passed, (With an amazing score of 700 :blink ) there had been 4/5 failed exam takers before me, and I could honestly see why.

Well done on the pass by the way. :p

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sorry about the mix up.. thought you wanted the way my link explained! :biggrin