I Passed A+!!! FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Neil, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Hey guys, I finally nailed the A+ today at 3pm after I completed the OS Technologies 302 exam. I wrote the Hardware 301 back in Nov last year, and got delayed until now with the OS exam. It was all due to the Holiday season, sleepiness, slow study rate and a whole heap of procrastination. I'm really sleepy and tired now since I stayed up late last nite studying and doing last minute Mike Meyers practice exams, as well as waking up early this morning to continue the last minute preparations. So in a nutshell, I got 702 for the Hardware and 643 for the OS. Not very nice figures to me (its the only thing that's keeping me from smiling when I saw the Congrats page). But like you guys taught me: "A pass is a PASS!!!"

I'll hit the sack now and I'll update this thread and tell you all that happened soon. But ofcourse I can't go without shouting out a big THANK YOU! to everyone here in CF who took the time to post their knowledge to help others (like me). Even though I never posted a reply, I just want you guys to know that I was here in the shadows absorbing the knowledge shared and I just want to thank you all. I'll be more active in the forums as time goes by, but I'm real sleepy now. Once again: THANK YOU ALL!!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats! :biggrin

3. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

^Yep, well done:D

the drinks are on you then......:biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats on the pass:clap

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

A pass is a pass, well done.:)

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  7. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

well done and its true emplyers dont care what score you got just that you passed ;D

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  8. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good job, matey.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  9. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Congratulations and well done on the pass :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  10. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Well Done

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  11. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :D

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations, Neil. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Nice one Neil, well done mate :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. morph

morph Byte Poster

:biggrin Nice one!

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  15. Jammo

Jammo Bit Poster

Gratz mate

16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Thanks guys. First of all I got delayed from doing the OS because damage was done to the Americas II fiber-optic cable just off the coast of French Guiana last month, and this affected internet to several countries. I had to wait nearly a month for that to be fixed and exam tested by my exam centre. When I took the OS exam, I realised that the questions were FAR DIFFERENT from the objectives that I studied. Alot of weird ethical questions, mixed with preventative maintenance, laser printers and some advanced networking questions. Networking was only supposed to be 16% of the exam, however, I felt like I was writing Network+ instead! In both exams I had 100 questions & 90 mins.

I used Mike Myers A+ Passport to do most of my studying and later on I borrowed my friend's A+ All-In-One. The Passport is actually a good summary of the actual A+ All-In-One. I even used the 9 Cd video package by MM. One good thing is that in both exams, some of his practice exam questions actually came up in almost similar wording! That was really helpful since alot of questions in the exam were not even covered in his books.

Anywayz I'm relaxing my brain a bit now. I'll soon do my driver's license exam and after that I'll begin the long hard study for Network+. BTW guys, what's the average study period for Net+ -- with a few months hands on experience? Judging from the objectives, I average 3-4 months max. What do you think? It'll be a great achievement if I could complete that in this year! Well, onto the Network+ forum.....

Cheers guys!

18. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Congrats, Neil. You've achieved what you set out to do. Nothing wrong with the pass marks so don't be so hard on yourself.

All the best.

Rosie

Certifications: A+, CIW foundation
    WIP: CIW Site Designer
  19. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Thanks Rosie, I've gotten over that by now. All the best to you too!

20. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Congratulations..8)

Certifications: A+ Network+