1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I passed - 1000/1000!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by algorithm&blues, Jul 14, 2011.

1. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

After taking the test only 14 days ago and failing by 18 points with 682 - I was a little frustrated driving away from the test centre. I only took the exam because I realised I could get it free through DreamSpark/Open Uni so I had to book the test and study for it before 30th June - which at that time was about 6 days away.

I tried my best, just relied on one book and just missed it!

The afternoon when I came back from the first exam I stepped up my game. Ordered Don Poulton's book, downloaded loads of practice exams, set up a virtual lab and Server 2008 environment and generally locked myself away in my front room for 14 hours a day playing and messing around with every single feature I could think of.

The work paid off as the nervousness and partial guesswork of the last exam were completely gone. I whizzed through the exam. I had 50 questions and I think I marked 2 for review. Of those 2, there was 1 that I was about 50% certain on, and the other was about 90%.

The long wait between pressing "end exam" and getting my result was still difficult but nowhere near as bad as last time, as I felt that I had passed it by a long way. I knew it wasn't going to be a borderline thing. It was awesome having that confidence. However I was surprised when I got 1000! I thought the 50% question was going to stump me and I thought I was perhaps being a little too confident with everything else.

Feel so great now it's unbelievable. I'm going to run up the shop for a few celebratory cans before cracking on with 70-620 exam work (booked it for a months time). I'm going to do that as my elective for the MCSA. I know I already have the MCDST - but my boss has offered to pay for me to sit the Vista exam as we're currently running with that in work - so I'm not one to turn down a free exam.

Thanks to all for your support in the other thread.

MS70680.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    SiFor and DC Pr0Mo like this.
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Cracking result, nice one! :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Nice! Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Well done!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

That's a great score! Congrats! :D

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Really good effort as well as the result!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science