I owe you all <3

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by rusko, Mar 26, 2009.

1. rusko

rusko New Member

A personal thank-you to everyone from CF for your wisdom and knowledge and guiding me.

Very briefly:

- Quit uni 1st year doing multimedia computing & music tech
    - Looked at job prospects and realised I wanted to be in IT
    - Did a bit of research and stumbled across.... Advent, who seemed very good for someone who didn't know about anything.
    - They gave me a call and did a little basic interview and asked 'when do you want to start your course?' and I said, 'Well im gonna be going travelling for 5 months so when i come back afterwards, prob.. Sep next year?' (bearing in mind this was 10 months prior to that) then she said its pointless talking to her about it cos by that time their courses would have been updated and said to call back when i come back.
    - Since then I played the waiting game, but about a few months ago I decided to do a bit more research so I googled 'Is Advent any good?' or something like that... and thank the Lord, creators of the internet, google and the cert forums as I stumbled across ALL the information I needed about anything for my future career.

I don't think I need to tell you about my decision with Advent as you all already know. So thank-you for saving me £5000 and a potential career block.

For now, I literally just got my Mike Meyers A+ book which im knuckling down to, and gonna take with me travelling so that I can hopefully sit the exam by the time i get back in 5 months time.

Just thought I'd post something for once before i go away in a couple of weeks as i've been checking these forums frequently for the past few months and haven't said a word. So.. HI! :biggrin

WIP: A+
  2. rusko

rusko New Member

Just a quicky regarding Mike Meyers A+..

"This book covers all you need to pass the 2003 revisions of the A+ certification exams". :eek:

Should I have got a more up to date version!? Will this book still cover everything I need to know? When will the A+ be updated or when has it?

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

You'll need to grab the 2006 version of the Meyers book, the Sixth Edition. The 2003 version will not cover everything you need to know. 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and if you delay too long, you'll need the 2009 version of the Meyers book, likely to be the 7th Edition.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. rusko

rusko New Member

John balls, yeah just checked it's the 5th edition I got. :(

Anybody know when the 7th edition is due to release? Say... will it be available by the time I come back from travelling this September?

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it should be the exam changes soon

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Close to then, probably.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. rusko

rusko New Member