I need some I.T advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by homiez, Oct 25, 2009.

1. homiez

homiez New Member

Can someone contact me through msn or yahoo messenger or send me a pm with your address. I have certifications no i.t experience (industrial) no job. I have CCNA and N+ I need a I.T job all places ask for experience . Any advice

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Homiez

I doubt anyone would give you a job with no IT experience if you're showing CCNA and N+ on your CV.

Leave the certs off, and go for entry level jobs, including voluntary work.

I would also suggest you look at studying the A+, as opposed to looking at the MCSE as you indicated in your other post.

John

3. homiez

homiez New Member

I will do a microsoft course on windows client operating systems such as xp would be good.

Yeah everyone is right i should get some work experience before i study more

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

You don't necessarily need the course. The likes of the Sybex book on 70-271 and 70-272 would be good enough to assit you ans you could self-study; however, I go back to my original point: how much real world expereince do you have of working with the likes of XP? If you take and pass the exam, and then put it onto your CV, any employer worth their salt will ask you questions (or even set you tests) to allow you to show what you know.

Concentrate on the A+, and keep looking for entry level jobs... as well as volunteer work.

If you don't, then you're possibly spending lots of money on qualifications you cannot use.

John

5. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Good advise there GiddyG. I get this question all the time from people taking up courses and taking out a loan. Only to find some of the teachers cant even teach them selfs :biggrin

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP