I need more resources.

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Mac70, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Mac70

Mac70 Bit Poster

Having gone through the MS 70-272 book twice, sat at the computer for illustrated help, I did the practice exam and found myself faced with questions that hadn't been covered in the book.
    Will the Sybex book and Lab manuals give me more learnings?

To make things worse, the Office trial runs out in a few days, and there is no way I can afford to buy the full product, so how close to the MS version is Open Office?

Certifications: Zilcho
    WIP: Considering MCDST
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I used the Exam Cram book aswell found that it covered everything that the press book didn't, cant really comment on the sybex ones though

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yep I would say exam cram would be good. open office would not be a good choice for you as menus may be different features and functions will be called different things. best thing you can do is try and get another book with a trial edition on it. the exam cram doesnt come with one but im sure there are a couple more books that do.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Mac70

Mac70 Bit Poster

Exam cram it is. Shame about the Office. I suppose I could just buy a copy. My plan is to work for myself so it might come in useful.

Certifications: Zilcho
    WIP: Considering MCDST
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For the MCDST, I actually rate the sybex book quite highly. As for Office, why don't you just create a virtual PC and install Office on it, if it's only to learn on?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. nightraven

nightraven Guest

You might also consider a technetplus subscription. It's not that much more expensive than buying Office but gives you access to the whole range of MS products for testing and training purposes.

http://www.technet.com/

I believe I paid about £180 for my first years subscription.