i need heelllpp!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Oct 31, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Thats pretty crazy but it is a bit mad over there :)

Where abouts do you live?

Ther furtherst I have been was the outskirts of Amsterdam, can't remember the place name :oops:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i can understand none of you! what is your purpose ?

Certifications: CCNA
  3. greenbrucelee

People are trying to say to you that in order for you to progress well in your studies, then you should take advice and learn how to find out the answers for yourself.

When you find these answers you should understand why they are what they are. Thats is why people have recommened books to you like Network +.

You can ask questions on here that is what the forum is for, but when someone gives you the answer you should find out why it is the answer and not badger the person to tell you everything he/she knows.

I myself have asked questions on here but if I havent understood what the reply to my question is then I have looked on google and in books so I can fully understand what it is and why it is..

I am currently studying for the A+ and I have rarley asked questions on it because I have google and the recommended books for it. If I dont understand a topic in the book then I re-read it untill it sinks in that is the best way to learn in my opinion.

4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I live in Eindhoven. That's a city in the southern part o the country. The province is called North Brabant. Eindhoven is about 210.000 inhabitants. It is the city of light; that's because of the Philips factories here in town. If you want to know more, take a look here http://www.eindhoven.eu/en

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. greenbrucelee

I know where Eindhoven is, looks like a nice place.

My birth Mothers Father was dutch maybe thats why I always get on with the people over there.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ah, but you misunderstand: by helping him to become self-sufficient, and by showing him the tools he needs to accomplish that, I *am* trying to help him. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

8. greenbrucelee

9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

10. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

approximately an hour!

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  12. BosonMichael

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  13. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you suppose it like that!

i have a feeling about not to do my thesis!

about ipv6 and needlessness of NAT in it

"NAT also adds to security as it disguises the internal network's structure: all traffic appears to outside parties as if it originates from the gateway machine."

hey man , if someone knows my private IP address what can he do ?(those private addresses will be used
    in all LANs)

second

"Hosts behind NAT-enabled routers do not have true end-to-end connectivity "

couldn't understand that ! does this mean that it is unidirectional ? (just on the one way translating private to public)

14. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If an incoming packet for a machine behind a NAT-enabled router isn't allowed for, then it won't reach the box, as the NAT system will have no rule for it. This can cause trouble with protocols with dynamic port allocations, such as SIP.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  15. BosonMichael

If someone knows your private IP address, there's not much they can do unless they can connect directly into your local network, behind your NAT router (plugging directly in to your home network, wired or wirelessly). They could spoof packets from the outside, but most NAT-enabled routers know to stop that from occurring.

Hosts behind NAT-enabled routers don't have end-to-end connectivity because the NAT router has to re-address packets coming from your computer, changing the IP address from a private one to a public one. You aren't communicating directly with the destination device... you are communicating with the NAT router, which communicates with the destination device.

16. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

no way !

i am getting crazy!

17. BosonMichael

Yes, way!

18. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

look at this as a reply to your reply

definition of the internet confuses my mind !!!!!!!!!

so ;

Have (the system that is called as network address translation)to be used only while
    going to internet?

Anyway we do have not to show our private network to outside(if you ask me)
    is this wrong?

Consequently i think we have to make this in use when we try to reach another branch
    office.

Consider that i am in one of a branch office of a firm and i want to
    connect to other branch office this firm , in this case , do i have to
    use NAT ?

19. greenbrucelee

NAT is a way of tranncieving network traffick through a router, it re-writes the source and destination IP addresses and some of the UDP ports.

Systems use NAT to enable multiple hosts on a private network to use the internet whilst only having one IP address.

20. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

sorry but i have knowledge about you said!