i need heelllpp!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Kobem,

I agree wholeheartedly with what Trip said above.

Just out curiosity, could you post a link to the educational institution you attend, and the exact name of the program you're enrolled in? You keep referring to these educational programs that you are in, but you have never said what university you attend.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It occurred to me that I may have misread the original question...

I assumed that the 'tennenbaum' you mentioned was Andrew S Tanenbaum. But I see that there is a Jay Tenenbaum in the industry as well.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

sorry to break your heart (friends in forum )

also thanks for your advice to encourage me to teach or show researching

Certifications: CCNA
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

hey man here is my school site

http://www.halic.edu.tr

5. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Kobem,

Try this link to Google Support. In the top / right corner, there is a menu for changing languages. Maybe if you are able to do your searches in the Turkish language, it will be easier for you.

Hope it helps,
    Bill

6. ffreeloader

Just which program are you enrolled in there?

I see that anyone taking the computer engineering program has to complete two courses of advanced English language classes during their first two semesters. What kind of grades did you get in them? I also see that you had to take a course in Professional English during your 4th and 5th semesters. How did you score in them, and in the subsequent courses in English for work courses? It looks as if you have had to have taken a full 6 quarters of English language courses to graduate from your initial degree, assuming your initial degree was in computer engineering.

You've also had to pass a semester long class in computer networking. Just how did you do in that class? Did you pass? If you did what kind of grade did you get in it?

7. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you mean preparation class and the proficiency exam for english !

i jumped off (bypassed) it , i received the adequate mark for exam and didn't
    have preparation class lessons

cause i had a very hard english times in high school! i almost could get 4 from 5 in english
    but these marks became useful especially bypassing the exam and the preparation
    class .

and in other years i mean after bypassing the preparation class by beginning from
    first class, usually my grades in english was 95-100 from 100

university didn't force me about english as well as in high school

8. ffreeloader

So, you didn't even have to complete your university's course requirements to get a degree? Are you really telling me that your English skills are the equal of anyone graduating from that university? I think I'll send a copy of a few of your posts to some of the English professors there and see what they say about your claims. I find your claims pretty dubious to tell the truth. From what I've seen Turkey's educational system isn't backward, and the graduates from it do very well in the rest of the world. They don't struggle with their English skills at all.

Your claim is that your very limited English skills are the equal of the graduation requirements for a person who has completed a Bachelor's degree and is going for a post-graduate degree are pretty amazing. Where I went to high school(that's pre-college level here in the US) someone who had passed even one semester of a foreign language course had a better grasp of their second language than you do of English.

Take a look at Tinus here on this site. He's taken no formal training in English(it's his second language), and he's far more fluent than you claim to be. I wonder why that is?

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can pass something just and not understand it or you can pass well and understand it.

If you pass an exam just and understand it and are willing to learn where you went wrong thats good, but to say oh I got 95 out of 100 on a test I don't have to do it again is wrong in my opinion.

Freddy is right, Tinus is for Holland and his English is nearly better than mine, and I am English.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I still think this 'kobem' character is just an elaborate ruse concocted by someone to liven the site up. If I could get hold of the weblogs I bet his IP is from a DSL pool in the UK somewhere... :ohmy

Mind you, his English is still ten times better than my Turkish - all I can do in Turkish is order food :oops:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

His IP address range whilst on the forums is indeed from Turkey.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  12. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

what are you trying to say ? i am sorry but you can not expect me to speak as fluent as you are!

why ? because i am not a native American or an English person
    in some parts , i have problems about my English but i am not as bad as you told me!

you all talk to me sharply and sometimes humiliating mate , these things are enough
    to stop my struggles

13. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

also i am aware of being in trouble to tell whatever i am stucked in
    though this doesn't show you to humiliate me .

Yeah i am Turk and proud of this every time , if only we could communicate in same language
    for instance with my native one , Turkish.

perhaps because of being fed up my bad questions to answer , you started to compare the level
    of my English with other people in here and this is upsetting for me

14. greenbrucelee

You said you dropped your English class because you were good at it, but you are not, so you shouldn't have dropped it.

Thats what people are meaning.

15. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Thank you for the compliment.:biggrin I have to say in the Netherlands there are lots of English series on television, so that helps, and whats more, Dutch and English are related. Turkish and English are not.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  16. Tinus1959

Holland is just two provinces here. The country is called the Netherlands.

17. greenbrucelee

Yes Sorry

I am actually a regular visitor to Amsterdam, my favorite place is the Bulldog just of dam square.:)

18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Actually kobem, I think your english is pretty good.

<quickly dons fire proof suit>

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  19. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

I'm probably going to get torn to shred's for this....but.... what the hey.

Generally speaking i'll try and help anyone if i can (you probably notice i dont reply to every thread, i just havent got the time.... but i do try and contribute when i can).

I'm all up for helping Kobem if he has questions and many people on this site, like they do with anyone who asks is to try and help. However there seems to be a repetitive nature going on here.... questions and questions with no apparant self reliance of looking for the answers rather wanting the answer on a plate.

As for the English it's not what i would call "bad" i can sort of understand some of the questions.... but you cant come from Turkey, post on a UK board and then expect people to fully understand you and then get upset when they complain that they cant.

I'm not saying my French or Spanish would be of a level where i could communicate with people on a French of Spanish board... so i dont. I do commend you on trying to take part in these forums, but if it's causing that much upset post on a turkish forum.

If you show us some development (maybe you show us how you have done some research off your own back) then people will have more patience. I also applaud those people such as Bill who try to help even now.... but i can seriously understand where BosonMicheal and others are coming from.

:rolleyes:

I'd rather see people's kind nature and helping attitude lean towards those who (A) post conherent threads and (B) show development and learning from post to post or question to question.

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  20. Tinus1959

No problem GBL, in fact the Dutch do it themselfs to. On lorries you'll never find the Netherlands. This is in fact a relic from the time of the VOC, the "Vereenigde Oostindische Companie" (the unified east indian company) (1602 AD). Amsterdam was at that time a big trading place and at that moment "the Netherlands" was not formed yet. The country was at that moment called "De zeeven vereenigde provincien" (the seven unified provinces) and it was normal to say that you lived in Amsterdam, Holland. That is, when you lived in Amsterdam and most traders did.