i need A+ asap plz help

Discussion in 'A+' started by zizobouta, Aug 16, 2015.

1. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

Afternnoon all, just passed N+, i have BTEC in computer engineering level 2 not expired, can i land any help desk job just for some experience while im doing higher certs like ccna or microsoft certs? or must I have a+ ? plz help. if so what is the quickest way to learn and do the a+ exams ? thanks for help

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

@zizobouta technically speaking certs won't land you a job, your knowledge will, I've seen helpdesk jobs advertised which don't ask for certifications. Certifications dont guarantee you anything, there is no guarantee you will get job x because you have a certain certificate... A student at university that comes out with a first-class degree in engineering isn't entitled or guaranteed a job within engineering. My advice would be to try to land a helpdesk job now, but keep in mind you can have 1000 certs and it doesn't grant you entry. A+ isn't a requirement for most IT jobs in the UK, it's just nice to have, it may put you in a better position than someone without one, but again it's all about the knowledge you gained from the certificate, that is more valuable that the piece of paper you get for passing the exam. I am currently studying for the A+ simply for the knowledge I will get from it.

3. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

thanks juelz, so it s 95 percent impossible to land a desktop job due to zero experience is that right? do i just apply and hope for the best? do i look for job ads that don t require experience as training will be provided? sounds a long waiting time :::(((

4. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

also what s best book to prepare for a+ without registering with a learner be it online or in class? just books and other materials on my own and how long will it take do u think?

5. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi I wouldn't say it's 95% impossible to get a job without experience. If you go in for the right entry level role, be clear with them why you want to work in IT, demonstrate some of the knowledge you've gained during the interview and practice your answers you will hopefully have a good chance of getting the role.

Good luck with job search

6. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

Hi crazy horse, im still confused as this BTEC level 2 doing my head in now wish i did a+ instead and thanks for advice. i really want that entry level role in it so i can study at the same time while gaining experience

7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

@zizobouta you can get an entry role without experience, they might be hard to find but they do come about. Check your PMs in about 5 minutes there's something I want to ask you.

8. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

crazy horse, if i want to put n+ on my cv do i put all syllubus or just network + on it s own?

9. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Slow down fella, slow down :)

You've got the BTEC Level 2, along with the N+ - Go out now and start looking for that job now, apply for any desktop support / IT Technician roles you can find. Once you land that role, then continue on your certification path.

Remember, certifications should backup experience of working with a specific subset of technologies.

Having a CCNA prior to having any network role may be no different than to applying to a job without that certification. If you were going to hire somebody, and you had a choice of two guys. One has 1 years of experience on an enterprise network along with a CCNA. The other has no experience, but a cert.... you're going to take the guy with the enterprise network experience.

the A+ and N+ are a solid entry point for getting your foot on the ladder. Once you've got a couple years experience in that job role, then moving onto other area's will start to become easier, network as an example.

It's a long process, and of all the senior guys (Job, not age! :D) on this forum - they'll tell you that it was a long and drawn out process, but worth it in the end.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  10. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

great stuff Apexes, thank you for shading some light on me , im going to run and hunt jobs now:runaway:

11. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

oh Apexes , any advice on how to put network+ on cv, silly question sorry , but do I just put month year and network+ or do I also put details of n+ like chapters if you know what I mean?

12. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Just put that you have the Network+ Cert and the date gained is fine, CV should be relatively short and concise.

You can expand on the subject matter and show your knowledge at Interview stage.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  13. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

ok thank you coupe2T :))

14. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

Hi again guys, it looks as if it s hard to land a help desk job or entry level it job as all require experience ::(( don t know if to apply for them or not, bearing in mind i have no experience, or ill keep looking for that entry level where experience is desirable,.... im gonna lose hope soon...plz help

15. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Just keep applying, it happens to everyone at times.

Look for jobs focused on soft skills, jobs that are for helpdesk roles but maybe list requirements heavily based around customer service and good phone manner etc, those are often the roles that you can get a start on and where they expect very little past experience from a technical point of view, just that you know how to deal with people. That along side your current cert should put you in good stead.

There is no quick solution or guaranteed way to land that role though, you just need to persist and keep applying until you find the right one.

You'll get there if you keep going, and you will be glad you didn't give up when you get there.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  16. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

Thanks Coupe2T, you are really encouraging me so i will not give up, i have a good manner as far as customer service, face to face and over the phone, i can be patient explaining and finding solutions with customers to. o, did this at my current employer i ll have to convince my new employer of this ability when offered an interview maybe this will help me out. thanks again

17. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

as far as customer service is concerned.....