i must confess something

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Dec 23, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good advice, looks like Kobem may now understand what we have been trying to say to him.

Thats good advice from BM, I suggest you do what he says hopefully before you know it you will be fine, walk before you can run thats what you must do Kobem.

I have never been that good academically, I didn't do well at school I don't think I was mentally able to study enough to do well.

When I left school at 16 I was left with wondering on what I should do with my life. I decided to try for some extra qualifications whilst working in a clothes shop part time. The first day I started at the training centre they had just taken a delivery of 5 or 6 new Olivetti PCs with DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.11 on them, but they didn't have an IT person to set them up, so I did it and this started my mission on wanting to become a tech.

The training advisor suggested to me that I look in IT qualifications and that I should start with NVQs I did levels 1 & 2 in 6 months, apparently it should have taken a year to do both, this boosted my grades to be good enough to allow me to apply for college where I studied for an Advanced GNVQ in IT which gave me the grades need to go to University where I studied Business Computing (HND). People have said to me IT is my niche.

Maybe IT isn't your's, maybe it is, but until you grab the basics first such as doing the A+, N+ or if they do any NVQ type qualifications in your country then you could try those.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?