I might have underestimated 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by onoski, Oct 25, 2007.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi all, just got back from the testing centre after sitting the 70-270 and passed with a 731. Although a pass is a pass when I hit the end button thought I'd be in the 800 - 900 marks:D was wrong:biggrin

Well this is for those that are looking to sit this exam know basic network resolution, gpo's and hardware conflict issues. I signed the confidential data agreement so can't and don't want to bleach that. Cheerio and best wishes to those that would be sitting this exam. I'm off to tackling 70-290:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done! I thought the 270 was harder than the 290. You had questions on GPO's?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks boyce, can't really say if the 70-270 is harder than the 70-290 but one thing I know for sure is that its easy to fail the 70-270 through underestimation. I truly and personally thought I'd be in their and out in under 45mins, but was wrong as I finished in an hour fifteen minutes.

It certainly is not an easy exam in any way or form as Microsoft has put in a lot of hard work and there's now simulations and screen shots too. I had three in this exam.

Simply put no one can brain dump their way through these new MS exams and rightly so too, had 58 questions to answer in just a little over 2hrs and I was definately put to the test. Nuff said:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I think i scored just short of 800 and i thought it was a b!tch! Can't remember any sim's, but there were quite a few "tick all that apply" :twisted:

Good luck with the 290 :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, and best of luck with the 290 :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

A pass is a pass, mate. Good job. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats on the Pass! :biggrin

8. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well done!

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! When I took it, I found it to be tough also. I did not expect the exam to be hard but it was.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes... it is easy to underestimate these exams. Even the A+ should not be underestimated... because if they were so easy to pass that everyone could pass them, there'd be no reason to have certification exams. :)

Unfortunately, I'll have to disagree with your statement that it's impossible to braindump a Microsoft exam, old or new... because it's absolutely possible. People do it all the time. That's why we have to continue to get the message out about how harmful braindumping is to certification and to the IT industry.

For the record... 70-270 isn't a "new MS exam", as you call it... it was released on March 4, 2002. :)

All that said... a pass is a pass - no employer has ever asked me what I've scored on an exam. So, congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Ah well done, as they say a pass is a pass!

Im quite tempted to give this one a whirl with my second chance voucher.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Mike you're spot on yes the 70-270 is not a new exam just meant the format of Microsoft structuring the questions nowadays. My bad for not clearly stating this:biggrin

I still believe the exam was tough and am in no way advocating anyone cheating to pass this exam as I prepared quite intense for this exam and still only just managed to scrape through:biggrin.

13. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I'd say go for it dales as all you have to do is prepare properly and go for it.

14. BosonMichael

70-270's still pretty much the same as it ever was. :)

The exam was tough... but you passed legitimately. I'd take your pass with a 731 in a heartbeat over someone who scored 1000 with the use of a braindump.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done a pass is a pass :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

I must admit i overestimated my 270-70 exam (failed by aprox 1 question on the first try) as it was something i use every single day. What i failed on was extremely easy to catch up on when i realised what i had not looked into enough :)

Give it a second go, hopefully you will pass, whatever happens i guarentie you will feel more confident when you take it.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  17. BosonMichael

...but... he passed it on his first go. :biggrin

18. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Originally posted by: ManicMonkey:
    Give it a second go, hopefully you will pass, whatever happens i guarentie you will feel more confident when you take it.[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't fail but passed, thanks anyway:D