I love car boots!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

After reading GBLs post a while back about possibly purchasing a mega drive off Fleabay, I got all nostalgic (used to play my brother's Mega Drive whenever he wasn't in the house).

Was at a car boot today, and couldn't resist it - ended up buying 2 x Mega Drive II Consoles, 3 controllers in total, with the following games to keep me occupied:

Fifa 95 and 97
    Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96
    Micro Machines Turbo Tournament II
    Jurassic Park
    Streets of Rage II
    Cool Spot
    Street Fighter II Champion Edition
    Mortal Kombat III
    Road Rash (LOVED this game)
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic 2
    Eternal Champions
    Sonic 3D
    Worms
    Risk
    Urban Strike
    Flashback

and all for..... £15! :biggrin

Now got to hook it up to and play it on the 40" TV without going blind :eek:

Does anyone have Toejam and Earl, and fancy posting it me?! :)

The other half also picked up a Fluke Multimeter - for the grand sum of £2 (about £150 on Fleabay!)

Bargain day :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

My mega drive is still used, have it hooked up to my HDTV.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Wow Arro, sounds like a good haul, I remember giving my mega drive away to some kids we babysat for at the time.

And a Fluke meter for £2, bargain probably worth getting the calibration checked aint it but that wont cost a lot, My fluke 112 was £145

WIP: A+
  4. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

hackney market use to be a good spot to find classic games back in the days. for some reason, my boxed copy of megaman 3 on the NES hasnt lost its value. I brought it for £15 back then... without the manual :dry and goes for quite a bit sometimes on fleebay.

MMTTII was cool for its twin ports on the carts. saves you on buying a multi tap.
    you got quite a deal there Arroryn. As I brought a MK1 Megacd, just play Sonic CD including 9 other games for £28 on fleebay.
    you need to start putting up times on how fast you completed Emerald Hill Zone act 1 :thumbleft

We could start a entire new thread dedicating to car boot sales :biggrin speaking of which, I cant seem to find any car boot sales in London. how does one go about finding a car boot sale? Hackney market was ok and did have its fair share of 'fake goods' but most times, if you knew what you finding then it be ok. but hackney market is gone and is replaced by the london Olympic.

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  5. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

I still have a Mega Drive that I bought some years ago during a nostalgia moment. Speedball 2 is just awesome and it's a shame that the newer version couldn't live up to the same standard.

Streets of Rage 3 is a very rare game, so, if any of you spot it at a car boot you should snap it up - it demands a nice price on 'fleebay' I believe (I know my friend had trouble finding a copy).

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Ah, Streets of Rage 2, that brings back pleasant memories of button bashin' :D

Still got my MegaDrive, NES, SNES, and more sitting under the TV... don't really play any of them anymore tho'... Guess I should maybe sell them off someday and make a mint.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Wowser, nice find 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada