I just read some of the 5 best threads....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Dhughes, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14091

This one about microsoft, has reminded me something my lecture said during my A+ workshop,
    A highly qualified microsoft professional , i think he said he knew of him so im guess in this country (but of said a friend knew him), Was slagging off microsoft and some of their products, somebody which was listening to this (lecturer said somebody problery in line for that persons position) reported this to microsoft. The person was contacted and asked to explain himself. When he couldnt get out of it and admitted what he had said microsoft stripped him of all qualifactions he had with them, obviousy losing the man his job.

Would this really happen? Or has the lecture just believed something false he was told. I fully believe he was tell the truth (well he believed he was telling the truth) but I just wanted to see the views of you guys that have more experience in this profession, Would microsoft go that far? I mean so what, that 1 guys opinon isnt going to bring down microsoft is it?

What are your view's?

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I've never heard of anything like that happening and even if it did I doubt MS would go that far...besides a lot of people slag off MS everyday, even those who have certs from MS, but I dont think they would be reported to MS for this and then stripped of their certs. Sounds ludicrous...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Thats why i thought id mention it and get other peoples views i thought it was over the top, but never the less when im qualified youll not catch me slagging them off in front of anyone i dont trust 100% , just incase! lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I'm allmost sure this is not true. One of the best techies in the world wrote a book on how bad windows 95 was. He even claimed (more or less) MS was not telling the truth when they claimed windows 95 was a 32 bit OS. He proved that there was some code 32 bit, but most of the code was still 16 bit and some small parts where even 8 bits. He went further and provided tools to read and write from and to NTFS from a single DOS diskette (MS allways claimed that was not possible). He created tools to show you things and processes burried deep inside the OS.
    Now he works for Microsoft.
    His name? Mark Russinovic from sysinternals.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP