I jumped off a bridge!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Apr 15, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yes, its true I did...and somehow I managed to survive (will have to try harder next time)

Hehe, it was a bungee jump to be exact...off the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough (Raffaz and SGUK and few others from up here will know where I mean).

It was a 160ft drop and im still shaking nearly 2hrs later!! hehe...

My first ever bungee tho...and I was bricking it when I was right at the edge...but afterwards I was ready to go again hehe...ah what fun...hope to get a vid or two posted soon...lol...

Now im off to enjoy the lovely hot sunshine :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, also if you have any pics. What was it done for? Fun, charity?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

At least you braved it and had the backbone to go for it:D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

I jumped off a bridge once as well, only problem was I didn't know it was a bridge, we were staggering back from the pub one night along some dimly lit lane, there was a small stone wall about 2 feet high which I jumped over to have a pee.

Unfortunately there was a 10 foot drop on the other side and a stream running under the road.

It wasn't until I woke up and sobered up the following day that I realised how much pain I was in, a quick trip to the x-ray department and I was plastered again, but this time due to a broken arm !

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I did a bunjee jump a while back aswell, great fun. It wasnt for charity or anything. My ex got it for my birthday, im sure she was trying to knock me off:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Good onya mate, it seems a popular location for charity bungee jumps over the past few years, it's not for me though, I wouldn't bungee off my garden wall.

WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

probs why she's the ex now eh? lol... I did it for the thrill and man it felt damn good afterwards lol...

8. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

I done parachute jumps before with the instructor tied to my back. Standing at the plane door, I'm trying to hold on while he is trying to jump. Great fun though! :D

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Id wanted to do one for ages so she arranged it for me, she was more scared than me lol. It was nice of her to do it really :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Nice one. Any pic's?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I shall be posting pics 2nite when I get home...its only about two of them...however I do now have a lil vid of me doing the jump...so I will try and put that on youtube later...

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

13. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Well done you - looks thrilling!

Was the person who filmed it up next - or just fearful for you??? (they seem well shaky - lol!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

lol...no it was a work colleague who was there with his girlfriend cos she went before me...lol...

15. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

How long do they leave you dangling before they pull you back up? :blink

Heheh, well done! As the poster said above, I'd just go for the garden wall bungee :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  16. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Lol they didnt pull me back up...there was a boat waiting at the bottom...so they reeled me down from above and I had to grab a pole from the dude in the boat...hehe...still damn good...watching the vid I still cant believe I did it hehe...

17. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nice one, I suppose its safer to grab you from the bottom than it is to haul you back up again :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009