I hate my boss

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jiser, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Ok In one of the schools I work in I hate actually hate my boss, whos is a women in power. The general way she speaks to me, like a child. It seems to me alot of schools are full of w@-k3rs. How many others work with idiots and how do you deal with it?

Specially when your the only tech, it gets hard sometimes :( Degrees, studying, jobs, graduate schemes... ARRGG. How do we all cope with the daily grind, ive had enough allready!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

See this is what I have to deal with http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread24528.html I used to get really pissed with the idiots I work with not just the IT lot but one of the printing shift they are laziest moaning t**ts I have evr met. They are on more money than me, they do as little as possible and moan if they dont get to finish early on a Thursday night. They were safe from the recent redundacies and they just don't care.

I just try to laugh these days.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

i work in a school mate, as in IT technician, im the only one in the school

ive found that head teachers are generally up their own asses

1 or two are ok

teachers on the other hand can be split into 2 catagorys

1 being very unnapreciative of the work you do, they expect everything to work 24/7 and if something doesnt then they seem to think you cant do your job properly (even if its something out of your hands like a website being down)

the other catagory are the ones that understand how valuable you are in keeping things running

i regularly get boxes of chocolates baught for me etc from teachers who ive fixed things for,

1 of them being tall, blonde, fit, amazing personality and......................................married :dry

teased.com especially with being 20 and single lol

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've found that principals and "head teachers" treat *everybody* like children...at least in a school context. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

I think it is because teachers deal with kids more than anything else they forget how to talk to other adults. They also seem to be of the opinion that if someone hasn't been through uni they will never amount to anything. At least that's been my experience anyway.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  6. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the world of IT.

I always let them think they are right, because in the end I'm going to do it my way anyway.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Spot on 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Thats why I didn't do very well in school, even though we were in the last few years of school most of them talked to you like you were a little kid.

One thing my mum has always taught me and she has fostered an cared for 28 kids some with behavorable problems and the like "talk to kids on their level, they'll respect you and listen to you".

Some teachers think they have some sort of power though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I didn't get on with my first IT director and had a massive argument with his a called him a f@cking prick to his face. I left a few months later for better things...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  10. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

I hated my boss too, so I left.

(after I stuck it out for the experience)