I Feel dirty!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Oct 24, 2007.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Fergal, just make an image of your machine as it is now, wipe it and then install that other OS on it. Then when you don't like it you can restore the image to how it was. :biggrin

BTW freddy, we eat the cookies with a flamethrower.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. WMSheep

WMSheep Bit Poster

Why not either try out a live distro, as suggested earlier in the thread, or set up a dual boot system.

It aint so bad doing things the way of the penguin, you know.

WIP: CompTIA A+
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Yeah, that's about the solution to Linux cookies I thought I'd see from a Windows guy.... :twisted: :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I do have a VM of Linux, but I find that unless I have a reason to go into it, I dont.

Since this machine is just for surfing, if I switch it to Linux, it wont have too big an impact (And they have some ok Games for Linux at the moment. Including Jagged Alliance 2 (Class game!!!) - nothing really new really, but not too bad).

May well just back it up with Acronis, and go from there. Its about due for a reformat anyway, so it wont do too much harm.

Now, to figure out what to do with the missus' iTunes before I reimage the laptop....

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present