I did this! Zombies.........

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

... I know that if you actually know me, this is a broken record of sorts. But I failed my 70-412 so I'm trying to cheer myself up :P and last week my horror debut came out so I haven't stopped being incredibly happy about it yet.

It's out from Permuted Press. If you buy a copy and drop me a line that you're from Certforums, I'll see if I can sort you out an autograph. Or for Kindophiles, you can have an electronic one through Authograph ;)

Oh yeah, the book: Amazon.com: Great Bitten: Outbreak eBook: Warren Fielding: Kindle Store

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
    SiFor, wagnerk, Sparky and 1 other person like this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I would be much worse than you mate, its a massive achievement, very well done. It's also a brilliant book with a superb title I think. I can see it going "viral" :)

Are you working on a sequel mate? Will it be part of a series?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Arroryn

ha ha thanks buddy :)

It's a 5 book series. I've already written book two, and that's with my editor now. Writing a fantasy series at the moment (first book due end of August, nothing like a tight deadline to get the bloodflow going) then will finish off GB.

I'm going to treat it a bit like Abrams talked about Cloverfield though. This is one person's story, from one person's perspective. There are so many other stories that could potentially be told in the GB universe. The fifth book is a compendium of short stories from characters encountered in the first book of the series. There are already three or four characters in the second book I'd like to write the stories for. So a lot to come of it, hopefully.

I'm trying not to irritate too many people badgering on about it all the time ha ha :) would be epic if it went viral. Completely and utterly. It's quiet at the moment, sales-wise, but people often don't buy a book in a series until the entire series is written. We'll see.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate - great achievement :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Arroryn

6. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Nice job man! I've read a bunch of stuff on Permuted Press in the past. I'll have to give this one a read. Well done. My bucket list includes actually having something published, so when I hear something like this happening to other people who are in the same IT world as I, it makes me happy!

Good job!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  7. Arroryn

Thanks Finkenstein! It was a real dream actually to be published by Permuted, I've admired their authors for a long time. Now I'm one of them, and still pinching myself as a result! If you do read it, let me know what you think :D