i cant help myself

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Aug 3, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK folks some of you may know that i was struggling with Visual basic .net and some of you even helped me out in pointing me to sites or general advice, big hello to fergal for all the help he gave me

Anyway the reason i was struggling with VB is that the one person in our group who claimed to know a lot about VB has really messed up his uni in his first year which he is repeating

We had a clash about the type of statements to use, he wanted to use ordinary if and then statements which would of made about 4 pages of code. I looked into this in detail and decided that the best option would to use case select statements as the code he had written could be compile into half a page.

This lad didnt like this saying he wasnt a fan of case select and therfore spat his dummy out. Not only did this fool let the group down but it turns out that the code wasnt his to use in the first place, and the tutor reckoned that it was the code for pong etc.

Not only has he failed the programming module hes also failed some of the other mods and there is the chance he could get thrown out of uni for calling a tutor a bitch as she failed him on web design.

Well i tried to help him but for some reason and honestly i dont do this but i cant help but feel a nelson moment coming on so here it is ..............................

HA HA

MMMMMMMMMMMM i feel better for that lol

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

He sounds like a bit of a nob.

You will always get someone who thinks they know it and dont, but it goes to show this lad doesn't know as much as he thought

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Those are the ones that say they got all kinds of jobs lined up and end up with nothing because they think they know everything.

One of my previous employers once said, it is better to higher someone who is less knowledgable and invest in his education then to hire someone who is more knowledgable with a poor attitude.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA