I cant afford to pay for my course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Paolow, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Paolow

Paolow Bit Poster

I enroled on a course with the nitlc about a year ago (£4400) ive managed to get stuck in to the begining of it and have managed to pass my a+ but the fact of the matter is, is that with my current financial situation with my mortgage and stuff and interest rates there is no way I am gonna be able to pay for it. Im really lost as to what i can do in the situation i am in. Please can anyone give me some good advice.:cry::cry:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ MCSA MCSE
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Contact them straight away and explain the situation. The last thing you want is someone taking you to court over a debt.

They may have a solution as they've probably had been in the same situation before.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

And I'd back that up by suggesting that you also talk to Citizens Advice Bueau. They will possibly have a more unbiased view on what you can and cannot do.

4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

When I joined NITLC you had to pay all the course fees upfront. Has this changed? I had to take out a career development loan to cover it, which I am still paying for.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

phone them and explain the situation, they may spread the payments over a longer period of time lowering the monthly repayment.

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  6. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

When I was at NITLC they were 2 options for payment: pay up front via CDL, Credit card/cash or pay monthly directly to them...

I opted to pay monthly directly to them. If this is what you've opted for then yes you will have to talk to them - I believe they will suspend sending you course materials and class invites etc.

However, if you've done the CDL route then it will have naff all to do with NITLC - you'll have to speak to whoever financed it.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...