I am so freaking ill . . . .

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Coupe2T, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

and I can't have time off work.

Why is it that it always happens when your point on about 5 projects all of which are being implemented within a week or two, so you have loads to do and manage!?!

Been vomiting and stuff all day, starting to slow down now as I think I have run out of anything left in me, but I feel so rough it's unbelievable.

I've had to send my wife and baby to live with the inlaws for a few days as we know a few young babies etc that have picked up similar bugs and the kids have had to be hospitalised to try and keep fluids in them and everything. So tired, ill and depressed with it all. :-(

On the bright side, for the first time in a couple of years I have free reign on the tv remote and my daughter isn't stealing my iPhone!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hang on in there. I swear by Berocca and caffeine to get me through illness.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I've never tried Berocca in my life, and hold on to your seat for this one, I don't drink Tea or Coffee. :-o

I appreciate the well wishing though Joe! :)

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Argh it's always the way isn't it?!

I'm with Joe on how to get through it. I usually go for the Red Bull to keep me going, although it will normally catch up with you on the weekends!

Hopefully its a bug that'll pass as quickly as it came on.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

It's all the stress and hard work and just goes to show you are human. I would invest in some good mens multivitamins and also get enough rest and exercise when you can.

All the best and get well soon:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

viral gastroenteritis is doing the rounds at the moment.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Had all three of my daughters gone down with some vomitting bug, two of them during last night. luckily my wife is looking after them today but my eyelids keep wanting to close as nobody got much sleep. I've gone to work for a rest hoping I'm immune.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Good luck mate!! It's not nice what I've got! Slowly starting to feel a bit better but I haven't eaten since Sunday, starving but don't think I can eat yet! Very annoying! :-(

9. mackie

mackie Nibble Poster

Best to get a bit of rest and take plenty of fluids.

Certifications: IAB, Sage 50, MOUS and MCP
    WIP: A+
  10. ryankidman

ryankidman Bit Poster

Get well Soon :)

11. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

There's norovirus going around a load of cruise ships. Brilliant. I am going on my first ever cruise soon.

12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I was suffering with this a couple of weeks ago. Not nice at all, felt like s**t

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Thankfully I'm feeling some what better now. Still not 100%. Vomiting has stopped though and I've been able to keep down two whole delicious pieces of plain toast! Yummy!

At least I'm starting to feel back to normal though!

Hope the rest of you stay healthy and manage to avoid the bug!