I am scared

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by CatManDo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. CatManDo

CatManDo New Member

Hi all,

I have been doing the 70-271 official MS E -Learning course over the last couple of weeks and have now stupidly booked myself into the exam on Wednesday. I work in IT and do know 'my way' of doing certain things but in all the test exams I have been taking I am failing miserably.

Wondering whether to cancel my exam or just got for it!

PS Do you find out at the end of the test if you have passed or failed?

2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

If you dont feel ready, you may be wasting £88.

2 weeks study and then straight into an exam seems very rushed to me, why not take your time, grab the MS Press book and flick through it. If your failing miserably, its not a good sign...!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Can you afford to pay to resit exam ! What kind of scores have you reach on mock exam.
    Only you can tell if you think your ready.

GRR slow post SP

4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

If your not confident, don't do it. Your never going to be 100% fine, everyone worries after all. But you need to start realising that every question including the HUGE story paragrph is important, and the way microsoft does it, may not be the way we all would.

It's not the knowledge for the most part, it's knowing how to do the tests.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. CatManDo

CatManDo New Member

well I do most of this stuff day to day and went through the e-learning in a fortnight....I guess I did feel slightly rushed because it said if I take my exam before 30/06/09 I can have a free resit I think.

6. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

No resit to be take before 30/6/09 I found this out here :wink

also pop by and post on New Members Introduction

7. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

If you've got a free re-sit, why not take the test anyway? You might surprise yourself, and pass, or you might fail, but have a better understanding of what is required.

Best of luck either way

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  8. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Oops, sorry just seen Ence's post, ignore me.

Certifications: HND Computing
  9. CatManDo

CatManDo New Member

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

I've cancelled the exam for Wednesday, don't think I am ready.

So are you saying that there is no free resit option at the moment?

Cheers

10. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Microsoft withdraws their second shot offer (the free resit) on 30/06/09.

So in order to be eligible you'd need to take the first exam, fail and then take the free resit before the 30/06/09.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA