1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge cabling confusion ... :(

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hy guys, as i am getting closer to my exam i have been trying to create a document (table) with all the cables and their specifications for networking, (like the one Neil made, only that there are corrections on that which confuses me even more). I have followed the AIO N+ Mike Meyers book to get the details but i keep on getting lost since i dont find it clear enaugh. At the begining he does a summary of each type ,like 10BaseT summary and so on, but once he gets to 1000BaseT there are no summaries. Could some suggets a table or book that has this sort of chart i can stick on my wall to memorize all of these?

Thanks.

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Tadaaaaaa - http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/cables/tech_lan.htm :)

Hope it helps.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Cheers, also found Mal's N+ blog. It's all coming together now. :D

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST