1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

http://www.getcertify4less.com??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ropenfold, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys, I've finally got to the point where I feel I'm almost ready to take the A+ exam after many months of studying the war and Peace that is Mike Myers's all in one A+ book.

My next task is to sort out some exams, been looking at the getcertify4less.com website, I'm in the UK, am I looking at buying a VUE International Voucher? Then do I phone the centre and book the exam?

I know it sounds like a no-brainer but I just want to be sure!!! :D

Approved - Boyce

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Good site - just be careful you select a voucher for your region.

You can phone or use the web portal to book.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Ropenfold

So its just an international voucher from this site?

4. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

not sure if getcertify4less.com are doing any comptia International vouchers at the moment and I think preplogic are in the same boat. Feel free to try preplogic though (you might have to ring them first).
    I ended up just going to the VUE website and booking & paying for my exam's direct, which was a bit more expensive. but not too much each exam was around £110 ish. If you find another source for UK/International vouchers let us know :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MTA
  5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

You can not get the A+ vouchers for the UK anywhere not sure why though, you will have to pay the full price.

Certifications: A few.
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have recently email compTIA about the lack of vouchers for their exams for the UK, the email I git back said you have to buy the vouchers from the centre youre going to take the exam at.

So you have to pay full price, I dont know if this a temporary thing or is going to be the new thing. The only thing I know is you can only get discount vouchers now if youre in the US or Canada

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Yep baffles me why the US gets a special deal while we get shafted, my N+ cost £190, I wouldn't have bothered starting to study for it if i knew it would cost that much. All I can assume is that they are useless at estimating and over allocated the vouchers to the US ? Now they want to up prices but theres still alot of old ones in the US market ?

Got my comptia certificate the other day, expected it gold plated after the £190, unfortunately not !

It came with a card saying that you can join the comptia pro club and get a free badge and t-shirt ! :biggrin No just kidding, it actually said that they will give you 25% of the next exam, cost to join is quoted at $90. So might be worth it if you are gonna do alot of comptia exams, mind you that might be a US only offer too ! :biggrin

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

We being shafted again is a good statement.

I have sent them another email asking why, doubt I will get an answer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Ropenfold

Yeah I had noticed the lack of international vouchers online!! Looks like a full price job then! Guess I better not make a pigs ear of the exams, I don't fancy shelling out for the retakes!!:D