HP ATA: Designing & Deploying Connected Device Solutions - Passed

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well since I've decided to take a break from MS, I've decided to take a look into other certification tracks from different vendors and this came up:

HP Accredited Technical Associate track.

The exam that I took today: Designing & Deploying Connected Device Solutions covers the following skillsets...

1. Explain and recognize industry standard client technologies
    2. Plan and design client solutions for SMB customers
    3. Install and configure and upgrade client solutions for SMB customers
    4. Troubleshoot and perform repair and replacement procedures for client solutions
    5. Perform administrative and operational tasks

I can't go into the certification program at the minute as it is in pilot. But I can say that in it's current form, it's alot harder than the MTA's and the A+, (however this may change after the pilot phase).

Passing score: 720 (out of ???)
    My score: 738

Not bad for only a day of revision :)

I've got two more to go:
    HP ATA - Networks
    HP ATA - Servers and Storage

and if the HP ATA - Cloud is released before the end of the pilot, that one too :)

-Ken

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice! Congrats Ken!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ken:), just out of curiousity where do you manage and find the time for studies and cert considering your a faminly man. I am finding it a big challenge at the moment and only have one child, LOL:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Kitkatninja

Thanks guys :)

I guess a means to an end. My social life suffers and lack of sleep doesn't help :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done Ken!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. Kitkatninja

Thanks mate, not as high as your HP APC cert. But it's my first taste of HP exams :)