How's you day been so far?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Apr 7, 2008.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I thought I'd write this thread to find out what sort of day people have had at work or at home studying or anywhere.

I'm at work and having a bad day! It feels like I'm taking one step forward, two steps sideways and three steps back at the mo:(:blink

I've got 20 computers that have to be RIS built because the onboard network cards don't work with the new switches. Everytime I go RIS build I get:- " No DHCP or TFTP failed to download or RIS I/O error please insert RIS disk."

I've spent almost 2 day's upgrading BIOS and drivers for Intel D865GLC mobo's and Gigabyte 8s661fx_rz. Installing PCI Realtek RTL8139 and using a RIS floppy disk to get a node.
    Normally to install windows and drivers would take 10-15 minutes.:( Anyway just wanted to vent my feelings.

How's everyone else doing?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

It's still morning here but so far the day hasn't been 'that' bad. Made the mistake of skipping breakfast though (Apple Jacks = the breakfast of champions!!!) so for the time being the only crap thing about today is I am BLOODY STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chef

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's not good mate, you can't work on empty stomach:p:biggrin

4. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Tell me about it, I've a good mind to drop everything I'm doing right now and head out to Wendy's for a spicy baconator!

Should liven this morning up a bit!!!!! :D

5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

My day was pretty lame - well, most days at work are. No calls today (about 15 or so) were in anyway technical and were all hand-holding. Normally I don't mind doing this but not that many, especially with the rest of the job in no way entertaining any more.... :)

Suppose its a good as time as any to say that I'm applying for a new job - internal to my company - and title is a little misleading (as most seem to be!) - Systems Management analyst - from the job spec, I'd take it as a whole leap closer to a full systems admin role. Closing date was last Friday, so will have to keep hoping I get an interview no that one.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well my day was pretty boring for a change.

Well except for the fact i was late in as my Water Pump went in the car over the weekend and i had to try to book it in somewhere this week

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just fine - been training a new writer. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Pretty good over here.
    Weather is decent; completed a couple of deliverables and off to get a few more things off my plate (and into the completed bin).

To top it off, it's my son's birthday! :bdaysmile
    He's 2 :ma, but it's a party nonetheless :baby

Party time at my place :beers2

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

:hhhmmm Systems Management analyst that is a odd title. Hopefully the pay is better than the job your in at the moment? :blink Can't help wondering if that's a system administrator assistant?:biggrin

Good luck with the interview:thumbleft

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

What car do you drive?

I remember when I had a Ford Capri MK2 and had to replace the Head gasket. I used Haynes (books of lies) to strip down the block only to find I needed a spline set to take the head off:( Since this was my only car, it mean't spending the next hour putting it all back together and driving down town to buy a spline set.:biggrin Just got there in time (5 minutes before Halfords was going to shut).

Of course the car I drive now has got so much plastic covers and electroinc chips under the bonet I don't know where to start and forced to take it to the garage for a service.:(

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

If you don't mind me asking sun?? Which part of canada are you living in?

Happy birthday to your son, hope it's a good one:clap:thumbleft:pepsi

12. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

In the burbs very close to Toronto (Southern Ontario). Should I be expecting you at the party? :p
    Thanks for the good wishes. :biggrin

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Nah just curious.. got some friends and a ex-girlfriend in Vancouver. Never been to Toronto although one of my mates went there to work for a year, came back with lot's of photo's most of them Chevrolet Corvette's:biggrin

14. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Without specifics obviously, I just wondered if you were out over Etobicoke or Mississauga way? I lived in Toronto (and Vancouver) for a while though I lived and worked downtown, well except for this one time where I worked out over in Islington for a while and had the most boring lunch breaks ever because there is literally nothing there except a bit of Bloor and some tower blocks!

I suppose the best way of finding out what area of Ontario you are in could be discovered by the use of a simple question:

Leafs or Sabres? (or neither!) :D

15. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Days been really good thanks, been to hospital with the other half and little un to have a dating scan for my 2nd child, slipped to the shops to get cakes for work to celebrate.

back to work lashings of cake for everyone, um, fixed plotter, soldered motherboard, and a bit of head scratching about a webtrends issue.

Helped an external trainer set up a DC and citirx servers for a training course for our sister council.

Went home!:thumbleft

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Im just home, Im in the middle of yet another network migration. Im migrating a companies domain into a new domain (long story!) but they need both running side by side while mail, profiles are being migrated.

Hope to get it finished by Thursday night as I have another install on Friday moring and also a member server has to be installed for another customer as well this week. Who needs sleep anyways? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I'm just West of Mississauga :) Buffalo is 1-hour away and into Toronto (downtown) takes me about 20-min. If my office was any closer to the CN Tower, I'd be working out of it.

As for which hockey team I support it's the Leafs (Laffs) but getting a ticket is next to impossible, so Sabres are the team to watch live. I'm a bigger Basketball fan :biggrin

18. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Eek! You make the QEW commute every day? I am truly humbled by your determination to get to work each day! (or do you get the train and TTC in?).

Ahh you work on Wellington/Front & John? I used to work on Queen next to the Eaton centre before we moved to Adelaide & Peter.

Sabres are fun to watch but I am surprised you never mentioned the Marlies! They are the best team to watch, I like them over the Leafs any day. As for basketball I hope that means you are a Raptors fan!!

I miss Toronto!! (except for the beyond ridiculously cold Winters!!!!) :bigcry:bigcry:bigcry:bigcry

edit! I stand corrected! I read your original location wrong! Do you take the street car or the subway in? I suppose if you work near the CN you'd take the subway to Union yep?

That's so crazy, I lived at High Park briefly (I lived downtown the rest of my time in Toronto), we could have ridden the subway each day and crossed paths! How bizarre! Hahaha! :)

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Most of you are in bed and I'm just getting around to this. I posted most of the relevant comments on today in the Jobs forum in my "third day (again)" thread. The only thing I can add is that I got the bright idea to go to the gym after work. I'm normally like to work out mid-morning to around lunch or so and this is the first time I've ever tried to work out after work.

I don't know what it was, but I completely ran out of energy (and I ate before going, so I don't think it was blood sugar related). Cut down on the sets I was doing just to be able to finish and when I came home, the missus said I looked sick. It took a bit, but I managed to start feeling better.

It's already almost 8:30 and I haven't even gotten any studying done. Just downloaded and installed an additional piece of software on my Ubuntu 7.10 VM to get the KDE-based interface for LaTeX working (a problem I ran into and solved at work earlier today).

That's about it for me.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  20. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Hmm sounds like a good day, I used to work in a office where the girls in that office had a cake day every Friday.:biggrin The first few weeks were great but after a month, the idea lost it's novelty:biggrin