Howdy!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kuminski, Feb 19, 2013.

1. kuminski

kuminski New Member

Hello all. I am new to this forum and stumbled upon it by mistake, actually. (Hit the wrong link!)
    Nevertheless, I am glad I found it, because the original link I opened had some information I was actually kinda looking for!

My name is Kamil, and like many of you on here, my passion is computers, networking and, as my friend puts it, "The Matrix".
    I am interested in getting some CompTIA certifications in the coming months/years.

I have had trouble actually sitting down and getting the studying done for them in the past, but I do have at least one book for each of the fundamental certifications, from A+ to N+ to Sec+, and even Linux+.

I want to broaden my knowledge of computers and networking and security and such.
    Could anyone recommend anything for a young lad to start up his studies and have them stick?
    (In before "more caffeine!" and/or "less being lazy!") 8)

Glad to be part of what seems like a great forum!

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

I would recommend CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702): Michael Meyers: 9780071701334: Amazon.com: Books.

But if you were to choose this book the exam expires on the 31st August 2013.

The latest version of the A+ & book is:

Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) (9780071795128): Michael Meyers: Books.

If you think you can study and be ready for the 701 & 702 series and pass by end of August I would recommend this, if not 801 & 802 would be better.

I also recommend http://www.professormessor.com. He has a series of videos on his Website you can watch and are totally FREE!!!

Regards

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. kuminski

kuminski New Member

Hello Rob!

Thank you for the quick reply and the advice! I have the 701/702 book at the moment, but I feel that I will get my hands on the 801/802 book soon, just to be up-to-date on the latest information. I don't think I would be able to get the certification in time, before August 31, but it's worth a try!

Thanks again!

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Luck with the studies, also ask on this Forum if you need help.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see you here. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012