Howdy

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Boombass, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Boombass

Boombass New Member

Hi Guys,

James here - Living in scotland working an IT Helpdesk for a large ISP suporting for their end users covering everything just about everything from Windows mobile through to SBS 2008

I’ve been working on this desk for around 18 months now and have 3 years previous helpdesk experience supporting end user connection, email and basic network related issues.

Last January I sat a 3 week course led by a MCT covering 290, 291 + 284 (well their class room equivalents anyway) I found this a bit too much, too quick as I had only had exposure to client machines and occasionally workgroups - No complaints though, Work was paying and it was in their time swell.

September past I signed up for a evening class at my local college covering 70-270, 290 and 291 as I really wanted to learn but didn’t have the motivation just to get on with it at home.

A good few months of studying later I passed 70-270 in February and since then I’ve been working towards 70-290...

On the side i have managed to skim through Sybex + MSPress for 70-271 and 70-272 and sat and passed exams for both of these last week - which was a bonus as thats my elective out of the way

So at the moment im keeping focused on 290 and then its on to 291 with a plan to be MCSA by june

oh, and i recently attended a 2 day MCT led training course for SBS 2008, which was really informative if a little crammed!
    I'm getting a lot of on the jobs experience with SBS 2008 now as its only myself an one other on our desk that have been trained on this (!)

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Hello, Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  4. Angie1313

Angie1313 Bit Poster

Hey James. Welcome to the CF. :biggrin

5. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF! Keep up the good work, and ask if you need any help.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA