How would you place this on your cv?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by S0l5, Mar 5, 2008.

1. S0l5

S0l5 Bit Poster

hello, I was wandering if you have the following certificates how would you place them on your CV?

MCSE
    MCSA
    MCITP: EA
    MCITP: SA
    CCNA
    Network+
    Security+
    Linux+
    MCDBA

As i have MCITP: EA do i still put the MCSA/MCSE? Should i put the certificate name down and then the exam numbers below it?

e.g.

MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Windows Vista

CCNA
    XX-XX

Or should i just list them? Do i also put MCTS down as well?

Thanks

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I would just write it down like MCSE 2003 Certified etc. Eventhough your a MCITP: EA I would still list MCSE as some employers would be upto speed and know what a MCITP: EA is but will know what a MCSE is. I also wouldn't write down the exam names as this will clutter up your CV. An employer will just want to quickly see what you have and in interview you can expand on these certs in more detail.

This is only my opinion and I'm sure other's will give their's soon. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I wouldn't list the MCSA, since you've got the MCSE... but all of the others should be listed. The MCITP doesn't take the place of the MCSE, so you're good-to-go listing both of them. Sly is right that most employers don't know what the MCTS or MCITP certifications are.

I would just list the certifications, not the exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

My mistake thought it did :oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The MCITP: EA is roughly at the same level... but one doesn't truly take the place of the other... I'd recommend leaving the MCSE certification on your CV for the rest of your time in IT. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. richardw

richardw Nibble Poster

It might be worth listing them in a seperate section, eg 'certifications' & trying to group them into similar areas, with the dates you achieved them, with the most recent in each group first
    something like this:

Certifications
    CCNA (2005)​
    Network+ (2003)​

Certifications: MOS (Master), MMI
    WIP: MCAS, AAT
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I've got my degree, A+, MCP and soon MCDST - I put all in like this:
    Degree ....blah..blah.... July 2004
    A+ June 2007
    MCP Dec 2007
    MCDST March 2008

Concise and accurate and easy to read

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293