How useful is CBT nuggets for CCNA?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by simzz, Jan 3, 2010.

1. simzz

simzz New Member

Hi all,

Actually I am preparing for ccna and hopefully give my exam by end of next month..

I am using cbt nuggets to study and tools like packet tracer for practicle.

I just want to find out, can I pass my exam by studying this or do i need some extra material?

Any suggestions???:dry

Thanks

Certifications: Prince2
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd seriously suggest a couple of books, namely the Wendell Odom Cisco Press book(s) and the Todd Lammle Sybex guide(s). I have just purchased the CiscoPress network simulator for CCNA as well, although the likes of Boson also sell one. You can download a demo at boson.com.

I am also in the process of getting myself some proper hardware off of ebay.

All the best for your studies.

3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

i would suggest getting some hardware and the wendell odom book and you should be good to go with that. Go look in the cisco forum for a study guide provided by Craigie.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Sybex book by Todd is great, a few mistakes like the one where he recommends turning on bpbufilter on all access ports which will cause frames to loop thus killing your network, other than like errors like that it is a sound book

The CBT's from the Nugget people are ok, a bit disappointing in parts as with a video Jezza (the tutor) has all the time in the world and seems like he rushed spanning tree, frame relay, ospf, and eigrp, The CBT Nuggets are OK but not outstanding.

Nothing like real kit mind.

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. simzz

simzz New Member

Ok thanks a lot for ur suggestion.

But can you also suggest me some affordable hardware to buy.. I mean model no. of switch/router which is not very expensive and will help to practice my ccna stuff... There are too many options if i look at ebay but I just dont want to order the wrong one.

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Joe may be able to supply or point you in the right direction.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. simzz

simzz New Member

contacting joe......