1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tough are these exams eh ?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by garycul, Aug 2, 2016.

1. garycul

garycul Nibble Poster

I'm struggling away with the 70-697 Configuring Devices and my exam is in a couple of weeks. I have watched 490+ videos from ITDVDS, CBT Nuggets and Pluralsight and a few Youtube videos. I'm on my second run of CBT Nuggets (more slowly and more labbing) and some of the stuff I watched the first time I look at the title and think "I don't even know what it is !!!". I forget things from a few days before - it's a complete nightmare ! I've just started the Transcender tests and they are so tough but I know (or hope) the real exam is slightly easier. Biggest struggle for me is certificates / PKI - can I get my head around this area ? Er not really. These exams are getting harder.

Certifications: 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices, 70-680 Configuring Windows 7, 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1, TCP/IP ON NT4, NT 4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, ITIL SLM Practitioner, ITIL v2 and v3 Foundation
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Take a break, seriously, take a couple of days off and let your brain decompress, then go back to the studying.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
    garycul likes this.
  3. garycul

garycul Nibble Poster

Cheers Simon. Yesterday was a bad day. Today I am spending the whole day in the Intune interface and I just didn't want to do it but I've built up a head of steam now and I'm enjoying it......apart from disabling my mobile phone - can't get in it at all ! I know what you mean about taking breaks. What I tend to do now is do a few short CBT videos and lab around it then have 30 mins break then do a few more. If I go in with the intention of doing 2 hours of videos it's impossible. I need to pick your brains about something - been meaning to for a while but not sure whether to open a post or PM you....

Certifications: 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices, 70-680 Configuring Windows 7, 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1, TCP/IP ON NT4, NT 4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, ITIL SLM Practitioner, ITIL v2 and v3 Foundation
  4. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Sending me a PM is fine :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).