how to start fo MCSD.NET?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by abigail19, Sep 28, 2005.

1. abigail19

abigail19 New Member

I have decided to go for MCSD.NET. I will take exam 70-305 as my fist paper. Please help me in deciding how to start and also in searching good books and other study materials.
    Thanks

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

A really good starting point is www.asp.net - it has everthing you need to get you started.
    www.amazon.co.uk is one of the best resources for books. I would suggest that you search for the course heading, i.e. '70-305' rather than 'ASP .NET'. That way you will get books specific to the course.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Sayed

Sayed Bit Poster

When starting out in MCSD, is there any particular order or structure in which exams should be taken?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Which ever way is most comfortable for you. The MCAD/MCSD is like any other MS cert/qualification. You can do them in any order you wish.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Sayed

Sayed Bit Poster

ok.. well basically ive just started out in a developer role.. and currently im working with html, scripting, asp.net and a lot of xml, xslt... what exam best reflects this area? which one would be best to start with.. also i want to go down the c# route as well, so do u kno any good books for entry-level on this ? Thanks..

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Basically you need to decise on which platform you want to work with - Web (70-305) or Windows (70-306) - that's VB.NET mind, the codes are different for C# - and I would start there. You then need to do XML (70-310) and after that it's a matter of picking your electives...

7. steve111

steve111 New Member

I Think it is better to study the Microsoft Press Book and do some smaple questiol papers like

EDIT SG: REMOVE LINK

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There's a little bit more to it than that I'm afraid.
    You may want to get your hands on an IDE to have a bit of a play with.
    Visual Studio is a bit pricey. Visual Basic.NET is reasonable and MS are giving away the 2005 express editions.
    There are some free ones on the interweb too, such as Webmatrix.