How to make a multipage flash navigation and music player

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by alcapone, Dec 20, 2009.

1. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Hello ladies and gentlemans! :biggrin Hope someone can help me with my little problems. I'm trying to find out how to add Flash music player with controls in HTML site in that way that when you going from one page to another music will play continuously.

Also similar problem with my flash buttons. I made flash navigation bar and coded it with ActionScript 3 using "URLRequest" and I also added some functionality using two Tween MovieClips: One MovieClip is little underline which on ROLL_OVER event follows mouse cursor and second MovieClip is highlight which on CLICK event goes from currently highlighted page (which is home page by default) and stays on pressed button to point visitors on what page they currently are. The problem is that my navigation bar probably based not for embedding it into HTML code but for a full flash site where you always stay on same page.

If I will embed same navigation bar to each of my HTML page links will be working but I'm losing the functionality of my MovieClips in navigation bar cause it reloads on each page. I can change the initial state of MovieClips in navigation bar on each HTML page and it will nearly working except of the MovieClip Tween.

Is it possible to do it without using frames in HTML? Maybe there is any way to make it with ActionScript 3? I guess it is possible to do that with JavaScript but I'm not good in JavaScripts. Hope somebody can help me with my problems and thank you in advance!!!

Certifications: CompTIA I-Net+, ACE dreamweaver cs3
    WIP: Macromedia Flash, Photoshop.
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If you must have a site that plays continuous background music (and please God, don't) then you can just drop the music file into an empty ant transparent Flash timeline, make it one pixel square then just drop it in your page.

If you want to combine it with your navigation, just create a seperate timeline for the sound.

Not sure what you mean about the other bit...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

No JonnyMX I have a flash music player with controls, I mean like play and stop buttons etc., and want to embed it into HTML code on each page in that way, that when you will go from one page on the site into another page on same site - music wont start from the beginning, but will be playing from the place it was stopped on previous page. I know how to do it on full flash site and also it is possible to do it on HTML site using frames but I don't want to use frames because of search engines spidering issues.

With a transparent square will be same issue and ofcause it's a bad habit to add music without making a user to have a control over it, it's very annoying.

Maybe there is the way to do it using AS 3 to handle this issue on HTML?

And JonnyMX thank you for a try to help me mate. ;)

4. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

No suggestions? :rolleyes: