How To Create Cool Effects in a Terminal

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Aug 13, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

How To Create Cool Effects in a Terminal

Ubuntu can be configured and managed from the desktop for the most part but occasionally, you may still have to open a terminal session to get some work done. I've spent a fair amount of time working with Debian so I'm used to opening a terminal, switching to root and typing apt-get update. One thing about the default terminal though is that it's boring. Just black text on a white background. Fortunately, you don't have to live with it if you don't want to. It's easy to customize the terminal's appearance to suit your fancy.

Read the entire HOW TO Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. hbroomhall
      hbroomhall
      Er - I have to say that this worries me! :biggrin

OK - I prefer white on black - I find it easier to read. But all the other things like transparent just remind me of people who spend all day adjusting their Windows wallpaper and not getting any work done! <giggle>

Boring is good. I don't want exciting windows (May you live in exciting times - er no)!

Harry.
    2. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      I hope you are not referring to our NoelG Harry :twisted:
    3. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I dunno...use a dark wallpaper, green text and a transparent background and you have that X-Files/Matrix thing going. :D

Attached Files:

4. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      Cool - likin that - but... and this is a biggie...

That girl looks like a goth

uuuuurgggh!!!
    5. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      You can find the full screenshot of my desktop here

If you don't like her...find your own girl. :tongue:
    6. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Oops. Wrong screenshot. The attachment in the previous post is a screenshot of ubuntu on my laptop. The "goth" girl in question is actually a publicity shot of Rogue (Anna Paquin) from the film [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/]X-Men 3: The Last Stand[/url].

Attached Files: