How to connect Be Box with Belkin f5d8633?

Discussion in 'Networks' started by vgarg, Dec 20, 2009.

1. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Hi

How to connect Be Box with Belkin f5d8633? I want Be Box to connect to internet.

Be Box is connected to Belkin with ethernet cable and use Belkin for wireless.

internet --> Be Box --> Bekin --> computers

I have set Belkin ip address as 192.168.1.20 and disabled DHCP but can't get Belkin to recognize internet from Be Box.

Thanks.

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is there a reason for this? Thought the BE Box was wireless anyways?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Are they on the same Subnet?

Can you Ping the Be Box from the Belkin and from your Computer?

Does the Belkin have a default route to the Be Box for any traffic which it cannot resolve internally?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

The Be Box has faster internet speed but slower wireless. Belkin has slower internet speed but faster wireless - wireless N.

I have managed to get it working now. I set the Belkin the same IP address as Be Box but out of DHCP range. Turned off DHCP and firewall in Belkin and it now working. :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Ask Be* to put an none Bebox profile on your line, Beboxes are pants and should be put in the bin :D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

I would like to but Be charge £50 if I decide to keep my box and cancel broadband :eek: