1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Backup a DVD??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bull Gates, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

I've got a few DVD's which are around 7.5gb each in size. Now I want to back them up to the normal 4.7gb DVD-R Discs without either splitting them in 2 DVDs or having any loss of quality, as I'll b having a lot of guests for the New Year & most of them will be kids who'll not bother about the DVDs getting damaged while they play around with them. I tried using Nero Recode 2 but the loss of quality is very visible. Any help will be Appreciated.

EDIT(J): Moved Forums

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Hi Bull

Check out this site for guides and freeware on how to backup DVDs :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  3. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

Thanx AJ, u saved some of my precious DVDs from getting crucified!! [​IMG]

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  4. law123

law123 Byte Poster

I know it is late for you Bull but this may help others who read this I use 3 little programs that all run well with each other. The first is DVD Shrink www.dvdshrink.org and also DVD43 www.dvd43.com/ and last but not least Nero www.nero.com I hope this can be of help to some others. install them click on DVD shrink and follow instructions if you have a DVD rom and a separate burner you can put original in ROM and blank in burner and it will do the rest and even pop it out for you. 8)

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+